The Music Quiz

I think Floor is the best…but they haven’t given her the best songs to sing…the albums they have released since she joined the band have lost a lot of their metal edge (imo)…so much so that I didn’t even bother adding their last album to my playlist.

My favourite albums of theirs are the two with Anette.

Nightwish. Surely the appropriate clue was “Swoods will get this one”

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve added additional lyrics to 3, 7, 20 in the hope that’ll help you lot finally get us over the line. If not, I’ll post the answers in a few days and then act smug.

7 is Sneaker Pimps - Six Underground. Only got it because of your clue above.

1 Like

That’s the one…

Last chance for 3 and 20, or I’ll be very disappointed with you all.

New quiz tomorrow.

1 Like

Answers:

3: Psychedelic Furs - Until she comes
20: Rebecca’s Empire - So rude.

Do better on this next quiz, Blitz. :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Mama never told you about right and wrong - Alabama 3 - Woke up this morning
  2. I’ve got a gal, she’s as cute as she can be, she’s a distant cousin, but she’s not too distant with me. We kiss all night, I squeeze her tight
  3. We get to do the driving, don’t choose the direction we travel TISM - Greg! The Stop Sign! @swooper
  4. And it all got too damn much for me, it just got damn rough, And I pushed away my plate and said ‘boys I’ve had enough’
  5. Throw your glasses at the wall and good fortune to us all Genghis Khan - Moskow @Stan_The_Apprentice
  6. All my friends are fuckups but they’re fun to have around The Whitlams - You sound like Louis Burdette @swooper
  7. I’m not that good but I’m not that bad Blur - On Your Own @Jaymin
  8. Leave your body and soul at the door Oingo Boingo - Dead Man’s Party @Hoffy
  9. She hates corny waltzes and she hates the gavotte and there’s one big advantage if the music is hot
  10. Bury the past, rob us blind, and leave nothing behind Rage Against the Machine - No Shelter @simmo41
  11. Listening to the kind of music she doesn’t like Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me @Stressed_out
  12. She’s a flower, I could paint her, she’s a child of the sun Roxette - Joyride @Chris_1993
  13. And I’m waiting, dancing with fire on the edge, and I’m waiting, remembering all of what she said
  14. If you think you’ll get away, I will prove you wrong Sophie Ellis Bextor - Murder on the Dance Floor (but I’ll accept the Royal Otis cover…) @Jaymin
  15. They win in one move and it takes us three, fast cars big houses and shopping sprees while most of us see the penitentiary
  16. Big business is very wise, I’m inside free enterprise PiL This is not a Love Song @wimmera1
  17. And they’re playing La Vida Loca once again Paul Kelly - Every ■■■■■■■ City @Chris_1993
  18. They used to shout my name, now they whisper it Lorde - Yellow Flicker Beat @Stressed_out
  19. The blindest of the blind, the deadest of the dead Garbage - Queer @swoodley
  20. Well I did it for kicks and I did it for hate, I did it for lust and I did it for faith, I did it for need and i did it for love, addiction stayed on tight like a glove Emmylou Harris/Dirtwire - Deeper Well @Tagger34
2 Likes
  1. TISM - Greg! The Stop Sign!
2 Likes
  1. The Whitlams - You Sound Like Louis Burdett
1 Like

Well I’m farked. The only one I am sure of was the Whitlams.

17 Every ■■■■■■■ City - Paul Kelly

1 Like

11 Taylor Swift You Belong With Me

1 Like

7 is Blur - On Your Own

14 is Murder on the Dancefloor - been listening to the Royel Otis version of it for the last week.

1 Like
  1. dead man’s party Oingo boingo
1 Like
  1. This Is Not A Love Song - PiL
1 Like

19 Queer - Garbage

1 Like

I still think the Groove Terminator cover version from the early 00s was better…

I legit just had 12 come on my Spotify evening mix.

Roxette - Joyride

1 Like

5 Moscow - Genghis Khan

1 Like

10 rage against the machine - no shelter

1 Like