The Music Quiz

Start with the single, “This Is What You Want, This Is What You Get,” great production work.

Ok, must be time for clues.

The four left were all released in the 90’s.
One of them is an Aussie band. One of them is from a band that often features distinctive animated album covers, another is from one of the most ‘out there’ albums ever released on a major label, and the other is a song from a band who only released two albums, and whose bass player went on to eventually play in the Deftones.

EDIT: 8 Jan

Will just fill in the rest. Perhaps a bit obscure:

1. Squeeze Me Macaroni - Mr. Bungle

2. My Name Is Mud - Primus

3. Dine Alone - Quicksand

4. Track 1 - Regurgitator

Been 25 days, so…

Here’s a new quiz for you Blitz insomniacs.
Skill level is pretty easy.

|1.| When my baby’s walking down the street - I See Red - Split Enz - Hoffy
|2.| Take these broken wings and learn to fly - Blackbird - Beatles - Koala
|3.| Everyone’s a Captain Kirk - 99 Red balloons - Nena - Koala
|4.| What’s at the end of Satan’s rainbow? - Black Bugs - Regurgitator - BAAKKEERRRR
|5.| You must be a limousine - Little Red Corvette - Prince - Stressed_out
|6.| Maybe I’ll find on the way down the line that I’m free - Deep Purple - Black Knight - BSD
|7.| Ain’t nothin’ goin’ on but history, yeah, but it’s alright, don’t panic
|8.| Watch your honey drip, I can’t keep away - Black Dog - Led Zeppelin - Zimmer
|9.| 'Cause if my baby don’t love me no more, I know her sister will - Red House by Jimi Hendrix - OBITV
|10.| “Love me tender” leaves ‘em cryin’ in the aisle – Black Velvet - Alannah Myles - Koala
|11.| It can’t be that cold, the ground is still warm to touch - Red Rain - Peter Gabriel - BAAKKEERRRR
|12.| Oh and all I taught her was everything - Pearl Jam - Black - BSD
|13.| You’re one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Red Right Hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - swooper*
|14.| No one sings like you anymore - Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden - BAAKKEERRRR
|15.| I’d have sworn that with time, thoughts of you would leave my head - Red Red Wine - UB 40 - miss_ellie
|16.| Glaciers melting in the dead of night - Supermassive Black Hole - Muse - Koala
|17.| It is vision free, it’s ‘poor bugger, me’ - Midnight Oil - Redneck Wonderland - stuka
|18.| Kept his d ick wet with his same old safe bet - back to black - Amy Winehouse - AD_Don
|19.| Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty or more - Snoopy Vs The Red Baron - The Royal Guardsmen - BSD/OBITV
|20.| Sun birds leave their dark recesses, shadows gild the archways
|21.| But I hardly know this beauty by my side - Chris De Burgh - The Lady In Red - CJ
|22.| My father took me into the city to see a marching band - welcome to the black parade - my chemical romance - AD_Don
|23.| Jeff is fast asleep, he’s havin’ a little rest - Big Red Car - The Wiggles - Yossarian (Zimmer too cool to say it)
|24.| All of us stand and point our fingers - Eskimo Joe - Black Fingernails Red Wine - BSD

1. Mr. Mister - Take These Broken Wings.
  1. Chris De Burgh Lyrics - The Lady In Red.
1 Like

6. Deep Purple - Black Knight.
12. Pearl Jam - Black .
19. Snoopy Vs The Red Baron - ??.
24. Eskimo Joe - Black Fingernails Red Wine

1 Like

The Royal Guardsmen did that Snoopy song.

1 Like
  1. I see Red - Split Enz
1 Like

I should explain that while those are the lyrics to Broken Wings, they’re also the lyrics to a different song.
And in the context of this quiz, which I would hope is becoming increasingly clear, Broken Wings is incorrect.

1 Like
  1. Little Red Corvette. Prince
1 Like

|2.| Blackbird - Beatles
|10.| Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
|16.| Supermassive Black Hole - Muse

1 Like

I adore the theme naturally :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
  1. Midnight Oil - Redneck Wonderland
1 Like
  1. Black Bugs - Regurgitator
1 Like
  1. Red Rain - Peter Gabriel
1 Like
  1. Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
1 Like
  1. Black Dog - Led Zeppelin.
1 Like
  1. Red Red Wine - UB 40
1 Like

Last call on these before I make another quiz for insomniacs.

|7.| Ain’t nothin’ goin’ on but history, yeah, but it’s alright, don’t panic
Judged the worst song to listen to while driving. More famous for monkeys in their film clip.
|9.| 'Cause if my baby don’t love me no more, I know her sister will
Blues song from a guitar legend.
|20.| Sun birds leave their dark recesses, shadows gild the archways
20 minute rock/folk/black/death metal opus.

|3.| 99 Red balloons - Nena (I know the german version better!!)

1 Like