The Music Quiz

Yes, there’s a theme.
It may take a little time to reveal itself, and I apologise for the links that a little more tortured than others.

|1.| She just turns her head and disappears, I kinda like that style - The Lady Don’t Mind - Talking Heads - BSD
|2.| You can’t, you won’t and you don’t stop - Sure Shot - Beastie Boys - Zimmer
|3.| Shine on, shine the lights on me - Glittering Prize - Simple Minds - BAAKKEERRR
|4.| I jump into my car and I throw in my guitar - Gold - Jon Stewart - BSD
|5.| What do you mean, “I don’t support your system”? I go to court when I have to. - Peace Sells (But Who’s Buying…) - Megadeth - Yossarian
|6.| I don’t wanna live in this place - Heaven - Eurogliders - Yossarian
|7.| But I just can’t contain this feelin’ that remains - There She Goes - Sixpence None The Richer - simmo_41
|8.| As long as there are stars above you - God Only Knows - Beach Boys - Hoffy
|9.| Only got twenty dollars in my pocket - Thrift Shop - Macklemore - Yossarian
|10.| You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here - Closing Time - Semisonic - AD_Don
|11.| So I’m wondering who’s taking up your sacred precious time - One Word - Baby Animals - BSD
|12.| Sunday’s on the phone to Monday, Tuesday’s on the phone to me - She Came In Through the Bathroom Window - Beatles - Zimmer
|13.| Why are we always stuck and running from the bullets? Sign of the Times - Harry Styles - simmo41
|14.| Blood races to your private spots
|15.| Some people work for fun, girl, I just work for you - Everything she wants - Wham - Koala
|16.| I know that the sunset empire shudders and shakes - Sometimes - Midnight Oil - Humble Minion
|17.| I was thinking of a padded cell - Mean To Me - Crowded House - BAAKKEERRR
|18.| But gravity always wins - Fake Plastic _Tree_s - Radiohead - BAAKKEERRR
|19.| I set out to get you with a fine tooth comb - Islands in the Stream - Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers - Miss Ellie
|20.| How many times can you describe your living hell? Songbird -Bernard Fanning - Chris_1993
|21.| Lovingly re-arrange the thoughts that make you blue
|22.| And you just sorta wasted my precious time - Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright - Bob Dylan - Shelton10
|23.| Everybody looks and stares, I’d just like to make you mine, all mine - Give it up - KC and the Sunshine Band - Koala
|24.| And all the lights that lead us there are blinding - Wonderwall - Oasis - BAAKKEERRR
|25.| I’ll never live to match the beauty again - Seven Wonders - Fleetwood Mac - Humble_Minion

1. Peace sells by Megadeth
1 Like

1 And She Was - Talking Heads
17 Mean To Me - Crowded House

2 Sure shot - Beastie Boys

12 She came in through the bathroom window - Beatles

23 Foxy Lady - Hendrix - (nope)

24 Wonderwall - Oasis

Close.

18 Fake Plastc Trees - Radiohead

6 Heaven by Eurogliders

Incorrect, but amusingly so, so thank you.

Yeah, I just double checked. It was the “mine, all mine”, that hooked me, then it was all I could hear.

1 Like

Subtitle to 5. is, “… but who’s buyin’?”

On the album but not the song (but it’s needed for the theme???)

Is 9 a Beck song? Seems so familiar…

2 Likes

Thanks.
Peace Sells is correct, as I’m sure you know and as I’m also sure Yossarian is pointing out as we speak.
The album is the full thing.

I mean I kinda need the subtitle for my thing to work.

9 is a bit more modern than any Beck song I’d put in a quiz.

25 is fleetwood mac - seven wonders.

And #16 is playing in my head right now, i know the artist but the title is escaping me aaaargh.

Got it! 16 is midnight oil - sometimes

1 Like

10 is Closing Time by Semi Sonic

1 Like

9 is thrift shop?

Edit: by Macklemore

1 Like

1, Lady Don’t Mind - T/Hedz

4, Gold - Jon Stewart