The Music Quiz

What happened Wim? Did you fall asleep?

Nah, two nights in a row I got busy at work.
Sozzles.
Someone should go at it.
Maybe an Australian theme todayā€¦

Well Iā€™ve had a bit of time on my hands so thought I might try writing a quiz. I hope itā€™s not too easy but Iā€™m not sure where the sweet spot is.

Iā€™m after song title and artist. There is a (very) loose theme, and Iā€™ve taken a few liberties mainly to amuse myself. Enjoy.

1. Through the hourglass I saw you / In time you slipped away. Take My Breath Away - Berlin. Wim

2. But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation. Africa - Toto. Wim

3. Well he was Thailand based / She was an airforce wife / He used to fly weekends / It was the easy life / But then it turned around / And he began to change / She didnā€™t wonder then / She didnā€™t think it strange. Cambodia - Kim Wilde. Koala.

4. I hear her heart beating loud as thunder.
    China Girl / David Bowie. Hoffy

5. The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in / Meltdown expected, the wheat is growinā€™ thin / Engines stop running, but I have no fear / ā€˜Cause London is drowning, and I live by the river. London Calling / The Clash Hoffy.

6. Take it hip to hip rocking through the wilderness / Around the world the trip begins with a kiss. Roam. B-52s. sameolds1967

7. The music is weaving / Haunting notes, pizzicato strings / The rhythm is calling / Alone in the night as the daylight brings / A cool empty silence. Vienna / Ultravox. swoodley

8. Iā€™ve been all around this great big world / And I seen all kinds of girls. California Girls _ The Beach Boys. BSD

9. We had no cameras / To shoot the landscape / We passed the hash pipe / And played our Doors tapes. Goodnight Saigon - Billy Joel. Koala

10. We take the pressure and we throw away / Conventionality belongs to yesterday / There is a chance that we can make it so far / We start believing now that we can be who we are. Grease - Frankie Valli. AD_Don and swooper

11. And his hair was perfect Werewolves of London / Warren Zevon. Hoffy

12. And the telex writers clattered where the gunships once had been. Khe Sanh / Cold Chisel. swoodley

13. I was wandering in the rain / Mask of life, feelinā€™ insane / Swift and sudden fall from grace / Sunny days seem far away
    Stranger in Moscow - Michael Jackson. Wim

14. Plain evil, I know whatā€™s on your mind / Never say youā€™re leaving me behind / No trouble, get that from the start / You know the cost of loving is your heart. Never In A Million Years - Asia. No one.

15. My girl Friday, she no square / She like lotus blossom in her hair / Be-bop records and something new / Sometimes borrowed, but sheā€™s never blue. Tokyo Joe / Bryan Ferry. swoodley

16. Brothers sisters where are you now / As I look for you right through the crowd / All my life here Iā€™ve spent / With my faith in God the church and the government / But thereā€™s sadness abound. Belfast Child - Simple Minds. Captain_Jack

17. Itā€™s a new soundtrack I could dance to this beat, beat forevermore /
    The lights are so bright but they never blind me, me. Taylor Swift - Welcome To New York. Simmo41.

18. The cloud is moving nearer still /
    Aurora borealis comes in view /
    Aurora comes in view. I ran - A Flock Of Seagulls. Koala

19. From out of nowhere Felina has found me / Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side / Cradled by two loving arms that Iā€™ll die for / One little kiss, then Felina good-bye. El paso -Marty Robbins. BSD

20. Iā€™m a storm cloud / Rain myself all over the place / Iā€™m a storm cloud /
    Wipe that smile right off your face. Antarctica - Midnight Oil. Captain_Jack

2 Likes
  1. El paso -Marty Robbins

8, California Girls _ The Beach Boys

1. Take My Breath Away - Berlin
  2. Africa - Toto

I see what you did there.
:wink:

1. China Girl / David Bowie

2. London Calling / The Clash

11, werewolves of London / Warren Zevon

Thanks for the new quiz.

1 Like

#7. Vienna / Ultravox

#12. Khe Sanh / Cold Chisel

#15. Tokyo Joe / Bryan Ferry

1 Like

And Iā€™d hazard a wild guess that Geography is the theme

1 Like

3/ Cambodia - Kim Wilde
9/ Goodnight Saigon - Billy Joel
18/ I ran - A Flock Of Seagulls

1. Belfast Child - Simple Minds.
    One of their best.
1 Like
  1. Antarctica - Midnight Oil
  1. Roam. B-52s

I ran

Roam

Lol.

1 Like

10 is Grease by John Travolta (not sure who to credit as the artist)

Frankie Valli

Frankie Valli? Never would have got that!

Yep Frankie Valli was the singer. Good teamwork.

Just 3 left to get. All linked by Geography.

13 I was wandering in the rain / Mask of life, feelinā€™ insane / Swift and sudden fall from grace / Sunny days seem far away

14 Plain evil, I know whatā€™s on your mind / Never say youā€™re leaving me behind / No trouble, get that from the start / You know the cost of loving is your heart

17 Itā€™s a new soundtrack I could dance to this beat, beat forevermore /
The lights are so bright but they never blind me, me

Might be time for some hints.