The named team vs the winless Crows - 2020 round 8

I still think we should win even with the team we have but anyone thinking it will be easy or comfortable are kidding themselves. Will more than likely be a scrappy close affair with only a goal or 2 in it

2 Likes

Without doubt if we win it will be two goals at best margin, however we took some great learnings

Can’t score goals? Brings in Gleeson.

1 Like

Bomber training this week.images-128

1 Like

We need a big, convincing win to cure what ails us. We’ll get rolled and probably beat Brisbane the next week.

The Crows can smell blood. We aren’t winning diddly squat tomorrow or next week.

The GWS game following that doesn’t look any easier.

1 Like

The dumbest, most complacent team (with no reason to be) in the competition playing the worst team in the competition.

Safe money on the worst team winning it.

3 Likes

We will win. There are too many on here expecting us to lose.

3 Likes

The fact is that we are flakey even with our best side. Take out half a dozen critical players and it’s doomed from the get go.

Maybe a loss against the crows will do it

The (a?) problem with the team balance in the team that’s been named is that there is very little margin for error in terms of injury - we lose one of Bellchambers or Smack and we are in the deep brown ordure. Lose Smack, and we either get Bellchambers with no chop-out (wearier than weary Dunlop on tamazipan) or Langers in the ruck; Lose Bellcho, and we lose our only Fwd with anything ‘key’ about them.
I expect there to be a little tinkering around the edges. There has to be, surely?..

Hibberd (who autocorrect thinks should be called “Jibbers”) on the inside, finally. That’s his bag - rather few VFL games I saw him play he was great. A bit slow, but otherwise a brutish, arm-freeing ball-feeding Nino wet-dream (AFL is another level again of course). FWIW, I’m not sure he will make it just because of the pace issue. Some early calls being made on him, which is fine, but I’d like to see him at least get a look in in the position which saw him redrafted.

Unlikely, but one of Ham, Snelling, Cahill to be late outs; Stewart, Clarke or Cutler In. Even Guelfi. One of the emergencies anyway! Fair conditions, just want that net height a bit taller. Perhaps add a touch more experience. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a late change… it might even be surprising like someone like Smith, who looked hampered and a yard off it against the Dogs. One change isn’t going to dilute our potential advantage in having smaller faster players - just a bit of a tweak that sees us with more height in the midfield or in the fwd line.

Have a bad feeling about this game too, but as someone mentioned above - if we are all feeling that way they will probs get up (because we have probably all made a bet on Adelaide)

3 Likes

I guess even Bet Easy knows that we have a tendency to drop these games.

1 Like

Nice.

1 Like

WTF

Always follow the money. It’s not too late for a few of our named line up to have “injuries” and send out a slightly better version.

It’s like when I played grade cricket in the 5ths. The coach would ask "how’s the arm? I’d say it feels good I could go another over and he’d say “wrong answer I think your arm needs a break”.

Won’t look so bad now if we lose… we’re 12th with Adelaide 18th…

• not wanting us to lose of course

Beteasy afl trader obviously thinks we are gonna lose, that’s how these promos work

1 Like

Yep exactly.

I can’t believe we brought in fcking Gleeson over Stewart…

This game will tell me everything I need to know about the rest of the season. I’m expecting an utter shithouse performance, probably lose by about 2-3 goals, umpiring usually poor with them having a crowd and feeling sorry for them, our skills poor but kept in the game through the sheer woefulness of our opposition, and finally be the laughing stock of the AFL once Walker kicks the sealer from 40m. We’ll struggle to kick goals and our midfield will make the Crouch brothers and Brodie Smith look like millionaires, but I’m sure Zaka will get his 17 disposals and his fans celebrate his turnaround in form. Then I expect we upset Brisbane the next week, that’s what it’s been like for almost two decades, because we have absolutley no consistency in performance and haven’t for years.

7 Likes