The next 2 years

Short term, whats everyone’s expectations?

Where will we be at? Can we win a flag?

Heart says back to back flags, mind says somewhere between 5th and 8th and a couple of finals wins.

1st, yes.

We got quality people in there...both on field an off it. We'll get there one day. However, this cattle ATM isn't good enough IMO to win it before the expansion teams really start being really good.

Just need to pinch a couple of good quality players in the FA again and we'll get close...Who knows might even pinch a lucky one. The coaches knows what's up. In them I trust.

I Honestly think were not far off. we need a functioning forward line, improved endurace and a bit more depth to choose from in the magoos. weve got a good mix in regards to player age, and although we lost our final, we were very competitive and dropped the game in the last 10 mins. it gives our players great experience for us to attack next year and the year after. also we just cant afford to drop easy games next year like we did this year.

Fletcher leading the group to consecutive flags under his second year as full time coach. Ambrose as captain and Leroy Jetta as an unbackable favourite for his second consecutive Brownlow.

We have 2 years to win a flag before retirements start to hurt, then we will drop back a bit before we come good again.

We have 2 years to win a flag before retirements start to hurt, then we will drop back a bit before we come good again.

its imperative that we see Jobe and BJ pinch a premiership

we're two years away from being two years away from being two years away from being good. 

The list has it in it IMO. hopefully we learn from this year. We were 33 up in the third and the way we were playing we could of won that game by 50 points comfortable. Its changing that mindset that is the key.

I think we have the right to be optimistic. We should have cruised into a semi final and if we had of, we would all be pretty chirpy.

Its not a personnel issue. If it was, we wouldn’t have been 33 points up in the third

I’m just not sure we have a team that can win big finals games. Not with the squad we have. I think we have a team that can finish in the top 4, but finals is the issue for me.

just look at Sydney. They have absolute man mountains around the ball. They will win the contested ball every single time. They stick tackles every time.

Then they have 2-3 jet paced players on the outside that hit targets. We honestly need to start defining out midfielders into this.

We have to many inside/outside players who will pick and choose what they play at different times in the game.

This is the biggest issue for me.

It all depends on whether or not Hirdy can "unlock" the players mentally, as Bomber puts it. If he can, we'll be a top 4 contender, otherwise we'll be consigned to more mediocrity.

depending on how many and what players we can hold onto in the off season I think we are a good chance for top 4 next year. Not far away from being a very good side. 

The list has it in it IMO. hopefully we learn from this year. We were 33 up in the third and the way we were playing we could of won that game by 50 points comfortable. Its changing that mindset that is the key.
I think we have the right to be optimistic. We should have cruised into a semi final and if we had of, we would all be pretty chirpy.
Its not a personnel issue. If it was, we wouldn't have been 33 points up in the third

exactly

Next year flag. Seriously.

Hubris, or are you actually serious ?
What needs to happen in your opinion ?
fd12e7796276e3dbe20d7db1e57de924_zps4d22

No miles away after watching the best this weekend...and no draft pics puts the nail in the coffin.

two flags

More of the same. Expect to be without one of Ryder or Thompson. Hopefully not both.

We are realistically 15 years away from next flag. Loss of first round draft picks and the emergence of GC and GWS, along with “we need more money because of cost of living”, the next decade is gone. Oh, and Goddard, Watson, Chapman and Fletch aren’t getting any younger either.

Its not a personnel issue. If it was, we wouldn't have been 33 points up in the third

But that was 33 points up against 6th? The question is how far away from a flag are we. We're not close enough to warrant talking about it to be honest.