The Novak saga

People are deported after gaining entry all the time, especially where there are errors in their visa paperwork or where they lie on forms

He is no threat to the country from a safety perspective. So if they let him in big deal.

But he is a known anti vaxxer who never had any intentions of getting it and just happened to now have an out clause.

Him, the feds for ■■■■■■■ up and TA for helping him along the way at are all creeps as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

I’d say that if this Novak thing hadn’t have happened she would still be here now

6 Likes

Cmon you’re more intelligent than that.

How many tennis players have been deported in much the same way?
Any before Novak landed?

I have no doubt normal everyday people have their visas cancelled. The Brit Celeb who made fun of our quarantine had the same thing happen to her. Not sure how often that occurs though.

Lol don’t get me wrong, I am under no illusions that the Novak thing catalysed the feds into doing something

But that doesn’t mean Novak is in the right. From the sounds of it, no one is in the right. Everyone fked it

4 Likes

Link?

Katie Hopkins

3 Likes

I think he applied for a medical exemption which he has a right to apply for.
It was approved before he landed.
Just needed to show paperwork.
That paperwork wasn’t good enough.
Why? Do they not believe the test result? Is it a fraudulent test result? Is the PCR result not good enough for this?

There’s been no real explanation of this.
It’ll be resolved in the next few days.
And he will play on.

I hate the prick. But if the result is valid, then the medical exemption should be valid.
What he did during quarantine after a positive result is not our business. How he isolates is up to him and the government in charge of quarantine where he received the result.

The only way the Feds look good on this, is if the result is bogus.

1 Like

My comments above. Ultimately everyone tried to leave the door open for him to come in but he lied about having covid.

If he genuinely had covid on Dec 16, a suspiciously perfect timing ~3 weeks before the tournament, he could have just gotten an antibody test and shut everyone up

I’ll disagree with that.
Novak is an idiot, but even he would go to a Covid party, get Covid, then test positive to get the medical exemption.
Just like a lot of Europeans were doing in the last 3 months to dodge getting the vax.

Definitely the kind of people I want coming into the country.

4 Likes

Or just showed proof of his test result. Like every other person with a medical exemption needs.
For all we know, the PCR test could have been a false positive and won’t show up in anti body testing.

But wasn’t his application to come to Australia done on December 10th so 6 days before he supposedly became infected?
Some sort of weird time traveller is old Novak

3 Likes

You idiot

1 Like

9 news said that he was given an extension.

Everyone else submitted their applications on the 10th December. He submitted his on the 30th.

1 Like

Was that what occurred?
Has anyone reported that?

I thought the 10th is when they changed the rules to allow a previous infection in last 6 months to count for exemptions.

like if I’m the feds and one of the most vocal antivaxers in sport gives me a doctor’s note saying he had covid at the perfect time and has recovered, why would I ever think that is enough proof