The other Olympics

It’s Bobsled time

Jana drama.

I could not be less interested in these Olympics.  I don't rate them at all.  If I watch 10 minutes of them I would be staggered.*

*Unless Torah Bright is getting plenty of screen time.  That might change my thinking somewhat.

I could not be less interested in these Olympics. I don't rate them at all. If I watch 10 minutes of them I would be staggered.*
*Unless Torah Bright is getting plenty of screen time. That might change my thinking somewhat.

Got a feeling a lot of it will be on in our household.
The Wife watches plenty of it on Eurosports, especially the slalom and ski jumping. I will watch bits of pieces of that stuff but wont miss a minute of the Ice Hockey, im keen as for that to start

Luge scares the ■■■■ out of me

Luge scares the **** out of me

Like watching it but they are deadset mad mother ■■■■■■■!

Just to clarify I think there is plenty of skill, guts and determination in the Winter Olympics, I just have almost zero interest in them (I think along similar lines to the x games).  Good on people who are in it, it is just not my cup of tea.  Luge and bobsled look awesome but the competitors have to have a screw loose or maybe more.  Skeleton is another one from memory but I don't remember exactly what it entails.

What's that event where competitors cross-country ski for a bit, shoot for a bit and wrestle a moose for a bit?

What's that event where competors cross-country ski for a bit, shoot for a bit and wrestle a moose for a bit?

Think its the biathalon.
BTW id love to wrestle some of the scandanavian women! Some absolute stunners in the alpine events

Skeleton is the one like the luge, but they go head first. They found a way to make a sport full of nutters, even nuttier!

I really enjoy the winter games, its so very different, as we are not a snow country. Downhill sking, speed skating, the ski jumps, ice hockey, the biathlon to fall asleep too.

Really miss Roy & HG’s call of the curling though.

And the Scandinavian lasses’ are a real treat.

First one to discuss/name that sport where they dance, goes straight to the poofstick thread.

The better Olympics IMO.

The better Olympics IMO.

I agree, the Summer olympics tends to cram too many differant sports in and its just overkill for me. Think there were over 40 differant sports where as the Winter Olympics are maybe 15-20 tops. The commentary and footage is usually better aswell

What every bob sled person fears, and the reason I’ll be watching!

actually don't mind the winter games

get to have a squiz at a few obscure sports that i generally wouldn't watch or even know existed

plus, a few of the sports scare the living shyte out of me, like the luge, skeleton and long ski jumping. the fact that they could break their necks at any given moment and just don't give a fark is quite exciting

have a good perve at the figure skaters too

actually don't mind the winter games

get to have a squiz at a few obscure sports that i generally wouldn't watch or even know existed

plus, a few of the sports scare the living shyte out of me, like the luge, skeleton and long ski jumping. the fact that they could break their necks at any given moment and just don't give a fark is quite exciting

have a good perve at the figure skaters too

Don't agree with how much money we tip into it though. Gotta get around Dale "Two sheds" Begg-Smith, as Aussie as he comes that bloke & he's got the paperwork to prove it.

Winter Games > Summer Games

For 51 Billion you could do a lot of good. Make some really beneficial changes. But ■■■■ no - let's spend it on an sporting contest! This planet is seriously ■■■■■■ up.

You could castrate a lot of queers for that.

For 51 Billion you could do a lot of good. Make some really beneficial changes. But fark no - let's spend it on an sporting contest! This planet is seriously ****** up.

You think wasting that money on those games is stupid.  I agree.

However what really screws up this planet is that fact that we have rich and poor, people who take everyone else's money and hide it away in banks and no one else can have it, despite the fact they do not need it.  The fact you have Hollywood actors who get paid 10-20 mill a film for doing basically jack all.  The fact you have governments spending billions and billions of dollars every year to run massive war machines.  The fact that billions of dollars are spent on NASA so they can look at some stars and tell us there are water molecules in space while they struggle to find water in Africa because no one will spend money sorting that out.
Yeah but let's have a go at the Olympics and ignore the rest.

For 51 Billion you could do a lot of good. Make some really beneficial changes. But fark no - let's spend it on an sporting contest! This planet is seriously ****** up.

You think wasting that money on those games is stupid.  I agree.

However what really screws up this planet is that fact that we have rich and poor, people who take everyone esle's money and hide it away in banks and no one else can have it, despite the fact they do not need it.  The fact you have Hollywood actors who get paid 10-20 mill a film for doing basically jack all.  The fact you have governments spneding billions and billions of dollars every year to run massive war machines.  The fatc that billions of dollars are spent on NASA so they can look at some satrs and tell us there are water molucaules in space while they struggle to find water in Africa because no one will spend money sorting that out.
Yeah but let's have a go at the Olympics and ignore the rest.

FFS! Sorry for pointing out I think the olympics are a waste of money. Next time I'll just make a list of everything I think is wrong with the world. Would that be ok?