The Overrated Thread

Certainly aint what they used to be, … but then, not much is.

1 Like

Hand maids tale. Garbage. Half the show is just prolonged stares and silence. If they cut that out the episodes would be 20 minutes long.

2 Likes

It was not always thus. Back in the day, they were justifiably rated.

3 Likes

Imagination is not your strong suit, is it.

2 Likes

Oh no, I’m quite imaginative.

For example, during those long pauses I will vividly imagine all the other things I could be watching, then go and watch them instead.

You confuse imagination with impatience, Grasshopper.

Kinda with him on this, … lots of pointless time spent on close ups.

Heard something about Elisabeth Moss saying that you should NOT binge watch the show. I agree totally, and for that exact reason. There’s only so much of that sort of stuff you can take in one evening.

I thought the first season was brilliant.

The second season painfully slow. There is nothing new. Nothing interesting it’s just a rehashing of the first.

Wife wanted to watch it. Tune in to seeing some old lady holding a young Sheila’s hand over a gas burner just for fun.

Yeah, no thanks.

2 Likes

I can’t stand dystopian shows. Seen too many in my time…no more.

Kylie Minogue

6 Likes

I read the book and thought it was silly. I have no interest in watching the show.

Booo!!

Kylie’s great!

Brioche buns

It’s slightly softer than normal bread

It’s four times the price of normal bread

It’s yellow

It tastes a little bit worse

Anyone?

9 Likes

Always seemed to have a faint smell of rancid butter to me when I tried it.

Thought it might have been off before use by initially,… but multiple trials proved the same, … even though it tasted alright, I gave it the flick.

Far too much fat & sugar in it anyway for me, … much prefer a Croissant if I’m indulging in Buttery french breadstuffs. …

1 Like

Ah… maybe you never knew them in the 70’s when they were double the size and thickness they are now.
Like bbq shapes and sunnyboys, they got downsized, dumbed-down and ingredients were scrimped on till they became a shadow of their former selves.

9 Likes

BBQ shapes?
Say it isn’t so!

When was the last time you had a 2-3 cm deep pool of red & green sprinkles at the bottom of a bag?
Holding the bag up to your mouth and sinking the sprinkles in one salty hit was one of life’s great joys!

9 Likes

Savoury Shapes are my go, and even when they changed, they were still the best.

2 Likes

Tastes good with Lamb, for some reason, weird with everything else.

But yeah, hipster pricing going on there.

1 Like