England: Mr Bates versus the Establishment

I’m too lazy to check: tell me why they’re having a referendum on something the PM is against, and primarily appears to be benefiting an anti-immigration party.

I'm too lazy to check: tell me why they're having a referendum on something the PM is against, and primarily appears to be benefiting an anti-immigration party.

Cos the PM promised it to the far right loonies in his own party to stop them destabilising him. Shades of Turnbull vs the Abbottites.

(Mind you, there ARE non-far-right-looney reasons for Brits to want to leave the EU, but in this case it was the loonies who drove the process)

Motherland and all that

I'm too lazy to check: tell me why they're having a referendum on something the PM is against, and primarily appears to be benefiting an anti-immigration party.
Cos the PM promised it to the far right loonies in his own party to stop them destabilising him.
Well, that worked. LOL.
Cos the PM promised it to the far right loonies in his own party to stop them destabilising him.
Well, that worked. LOL.

Left or right, he didn’t have a choice, he had to offer it, to refuse would have cost him his position. Either way he was screwed and still will be, even if the Stay wins.

Edit : never mind

Is Boris Johnson Donald Trump’s love-child?

I’m putting all my money into roubles. That seems like the safe bet.

Michael Wilkinson ‏@ThatMichaelW 3m3 minutes ago
Nigel Farage claims #Brexit victory ‘without a single bullet being fired’. Unbelievably insensitive and crass after #JoCox killing.

Pound at 30 year lows.

@Riolio Time to hit Wiggle or Ribble?

This is a simple cover but it shows some of the issues:

Purely symbolic
Hugely expensive
Doesn’t achieve anything

Some people just can’t have nice things.

Pound at 30 year lows.

It hit $1.50 and has now dropped to $1.35. Meanwhile, there is always someone making a fortune in the background. In this case, in one day.

Purely symbolic Hugely expensive Doesn't achieve anything

basically the same as the ‘republic of australia’

Pound at 30 year lows.

Haha, didn’t think of that.

Perhaps albeit minus the racist dimension.

This issue has very little to do with racism, that is only one small part of a number of issues.

They are out.
WOW

This issue has very little to do with racism, that is only one small part of a number of issues.

In your opinion.

I’m not saying it’s all about racism. There are a range of issues as you say. But Farage and his ilk are out and out racists. And they’re cheering.

In your opinion.

I’m not saying it’s all about racism. There are a range of issues as you say. But Farage and his ilk are out and out racists. And they’re cheering.

well yes but of the 51% of the UK who voted to leave, only a small % would be due to racism issues

Focus on the whole not the narrow.

Anyway the BBC has declared the Leave has won.

Now comes the really, really hard part, making the leaving actually work and setting a time frame for it to occur.

The Pound has plunged to 1985 levels as well.