The positive thread. find something, anything

Big win Friday night.
Chicken Parma with a glass of wine.
Now just sitting down to reruns of Mystery Diners.
Does life get any better?

Yes it does… after we win the Premiership :smile:

1 Like

Wut??

The show with this bloke?

For real???.???.??? blink

1 Like

funniest show ever and the most made up show ever

1 Like

I realised you can always chase money but you won’t find it.

Just live your life without the thought of it consuming you, otherwise you’ll be miserable.

Try not work too hard where you are stressed and if you are get out find a new job because it’s change that helps with stress. Then you can make necessary changes in a new job to prevent getting stressed.

Don’t let people ■■■■ on you either without them knowing it and letting them know.

Bombers will be playing finals this year!!

I have us even top 4 thinking we will win every game rest of the season, perhaps only one slip up along the way

5 Likes

.5lt wine in Lecce costs €4

It’s a cracking show.

Always the same sting, but lately they’ve gotten more elaborate, and they even have drones with cameras on them.

But it’s more set up & faked bs than even reality TV.

I watched for 10 mins once, & I just couldn’t believe it made it to a screen, anywhere, … ever.

So bad, … so, so bad. :persevere:

Also, … is that^ dude like, … an actual Robot, or just playing one?

I’ve always wondered. :smirk:

You’d think it’s fake, but how the hell do they get all these great actors?

And who would put their restaurant on actual tv?

Have you been to America? This is what it’s like, and Mystery Diners is real my friend!

Am I the only one who thinks Chariots of Fire whenever I see this?

Mrs Ace being told she has accrued too many PDO’s and needs to use atleast 7 by the end of August. Now to find somewhere to go for a week or two

First proper night of pre-season for cricket and we had close to 30 out in the indoor nets. At this stage I’m not playing but have taken on the Cricket Director role and will help out with trainings when I’m around. We had a winter academy which was well attended over the last 12 weeks and with the juniors coming up and a couple of decent recruits it should hopefully be a decent year

1 Like

A paper that I wrote a year and a half ago, and has been to-ing and fro-ing between journals finally got accepted.

Glad that I never have to work on it ever again!

13 Likes

I made the first trip back to Pellegrini’s today after Sisto’s murder, with an old dining companion, dreading to see if the whole place had dropped off, because he was such a vital force in the place. His calls of “my boys are here”, or “ciao, bella” to his flotilla of women who loved his manner, were such a hallmark of the place.

Glad to see the custom doesn’t seem to have dropped off. Rosa and the barista(forgotten his name) and Sisto’s business partner (forgotten his name too, but he follows ■■■■ Carlton, so who cares) seemed happy to see us but naturally subdued.

That’s broken the ice anyway.

6 Likes

Free coffee at 7-Eleven this month! Just take your keep cup :smiley:

2 Likes

What the hell is a PDO??? Crow-eaters are weird.

Well you always find the positive in everything, that’s for sure.

I would keep my cup empty than have the 7-eleven coffee. Then again, there are some cafes around that serve much much worse than 7-eleven

I quite like 7-Eleven coffee! I do my own version of a long mac and it’s yum!

the 7 -11 coffee is great.

It took a while (I mean like 4 months of buying one every weekday at the one joint) before the fella the owned the place would tell me what brand of beans they were so I could use them at home, but I got it from him in the end.

They might sell it cheaply, but it aint cheap Coffee. It’s what businesses call a “Loss Leader”, and they take a hiding on it.

And yes, … it is a lot better than the swill some Hipster type Cafes serve up as Coffee.

1 Like

Challenge accepted.

Which 7/11 does the best coffee?