The positive thread. find something, anything

Not sure of this is a nationwide thing or just at particular stores but if you’re not sick of turkey Woolworths are selling the remaining stock at $10 ea down from $50. There’s several days of eatin’ right there.

Comedy puddles on the roads right now. The bottom of my car is now clean.

Roger Federer. Had an open training session at Perth Arena and spent about 40 or so minutes afterwards signing autographs and taking photos with the crowd. Signed jnr diggers’ #1 & #2 tennis racquets. What a guy.

Roger Federer. Had an open training session at Perth Arena and spent about 40 or so minutes afterwards signing autographs and taking photos with the crowd. Signed jnr diggers' #1 & #2 tennis racquets. What a guy.

First sportsman ever to spend 40 minutes signing autographs?

It may well be because he realises he doesn’t have that many more days in the sun.

He does seem a really good guy though. Unlike those two a**holes representing us.

Roger Federer. Had an open training session at Perth Arena and spent about 40 or so minutes afterwards signing autographs and taking photos with the crowd. Signed jnr diggers' #1 & #2 tennis racquets. What a guy.

It may well be because he realises he doesn’t have that many more days in the sun.

He does seem a really good guy though. Unlike those two a**holes representing us.

May have been longer than 40 minutes. This is the first time since 2002 he has played in Perth and like you say may be the last time he appears here and the story goes as all his sessions at the Hopman Cup are sold out he suggested to the tournament director (P Kilderry) that they open his training session up to the public so those who missed out got the chance to see something at least. The generous people at the HC agreed and 5000 or so people turned up. Pretty much every kid there had something signed or had a photograph taken. It didn’t cost him anything other than time but it was a nice gesture and my two at least won’t forget meeting R Federer for a while.

May have been longer than 40 minutes. This is the first time since 2002 he has played in Perth and like you say may be the last time he appears here and the story goes as all his sessions at the Hopman Cup are sold out he suggested to the tournament director (P Kilderry) that they open his training session up to the public so those who missed out got the chance to see something at least. The generous people at the HC agreed and 5000 or so people turned up. Pretty much every kid there had something signed or had a photograph taken. It didn’t cost him anything other than time but it was a nice gesture and my two at least won’t forget meeting R Federer for a while.

He’s a good man Captain Cardigan.

Captain Fluoro going by what he was wearing yesterday.

Fed was a bit of a ■■■■■■■■ in his early career days but he really matured into a great role model. But with that backhand could’ve been running a drug cartel and I’d still idolise him.

He was rusty as fark yesterday. It was only practice but M Ebden would have got the better of him had they been keeping score. This is the longest stretch on the sidelines he’s had for his entire career. He’s a champion as we all know but six months out is a very long time for a young player let alone a bloke who’s 35. Will be doing very well to make the 2nd week at the AO.

Tennis…a farking yawn fest.
Positively.

Thread back on track.

Bozo, that’s not very nice.

Bought a new (old) motorbicycle today. Wont pick it up until next week but I’m feeling pretty positive about the old girl (2001 model). And its clearly the fast colour.

Bought a new (old) motorbicycle today. Wont pick it up until next week but I'm feeling pretty positive about the old girl (2001 model). And its clearly the fast colour.

http://i67.tinypic.com/15nqdz4.jpg

Very nice Sal.

Nice colours but you should have looked mischeviously at the sales guy and said “does it come in black?” before jumping into a batcopter

I don’t like that clash jumper.

Bought a new (old) motorbicycle today. Wont pick it up until next week but I'm feeling pretty positive about the old girl (2001 model). And its clearly the fast colour.

http://i67.tinypic.com/15nqdz4.jpg

Me Likey !!!

My opinion of you has risen immensely.

Have a fantastic 2017 blitzers and may we all be a little more tollerant of each other!

Happy new year David j Richardson

Non stop sport on TV all day!

I love the fact that there is a guy at the BOM who gives press releases for severe weather.

His name, Stephen King.

So it’s “a severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for Melbourne” said Stephen King.

Dum Dum Dum!