The positive thread. find something, anything

Digitising 35 year old VHS tapes… and they’re in very good condition.

P.S. And it’s Fark Carlton from him and a very special Fark Fitzpatrick from me.

Sending the digi’d versions to Estonia are we Deej?

Fatal last words… tape #1 from 1982 sucks.

Generally the older the tape is, the more likely it will have survived.

Worse, that tape has farked the VCR. Argh.

Damn, it’s a beautiful morning.
It’s a beautiful late March/early April morning, but still…sure beats ‘■■■ it’s 30 degrees and it’s only 9.30’ anyway.

Just saw a chick on the news whose name was “Storm” Bacon …

…had to wonder if she had a brother called “Victory”

Everyone is friendly in a hot tub.

Interviewing potential contractors at the moment.
3 down - 3 excellent candidates I’d be happy to put on.

Only need 3 - have another 8 interviews to go.

“I know you’re only a Monash student, you didn’t go to Melbourne, but this isn’t that difficult…”

Was a terrific day!

"I know you're only a Monash student, you didn't go to Melbourne, but this isn't that difficult..."

Seems pretty normal to me.

Something that would make me happy is if they caught the guy stalking Peter Hitchener and he reported on it.
And I want to see a little box in the top right hand corner of the screen of him at the newsdesk while he’s reporting it.
“In other news today, the prick who’s been following me around has finally been caught. Sources close to me say I couldn’t be friggin’ happier, and that I hope the cops will hold his legs apart so I can give him a good kick in the bollocks. And now, sport.”

Who stalks Peter H?

Surely there’s 7,569 better people to stalk than him? He’s on the Tele every night anyway, don’t have to leave the sofa

1 Like

Kitchen filled with the aroma of roasting shoulder of lamb.

Oh, you gotta get some crusty bread so when it’s ready, you can sop up all the roasting juice!

Oh, you gotta get some crusty bread so when it’s ready, you can sop up all the roasting juice!

One step ahead of you, Deck. I’m going to eat that french stick like it’s the last piece of bread on earth.

Bumper crop of mangoes this year. Should end up with about 80 - 90 trays. We grow three types of mangoes. Bowen, Thai and R2E2 mangoes. The R2s are massive and can weigh over a 1 kg each. They are so tasty. I haven’t had to bag them this year and there has been no fruit fly damage so they are looking great. A couple of trees lost branches because they mangoes were too heavy for it to hold. Not too worry, those green mangoes go into making Vietnamese pickled green mango, delish.

Now I play the game of picking them before the cockatoos and bats get into them, but with a blush on the skin to get the sweetness. Problem is that everything else is watching as well. Cockies and bats all love them, so do the bush rats. I even caught one of the sheep nibbling on a low hanging mango the other day!

The Big Mango at Bowen seems to be fruit fly free, even if it might be full of something else.

Bumper crop of mangoes this year. Should end up with about 80 - 90 trays. We grow three types of mangoes. Bowen, Thai and R2E2 mangoes. The R2s are massive and can weigh over a 1 kg each. They are so tasty. I haven't had to bag them this year and there has been no fruit fly damage so they are looking great. A couple of trees lost branches because they mangoes were too heavy for it to hold. Not too worry, those green mangoes go into making Vietnamese pickled green mango, delish.

Now I play the game of picking them before the cockatoos and bats get into them, but with a blush on the skin to get the sweetness. Problem is that everything else is watching as well. Cockies and bats all love them, so do the bush rats. I even caught one of the sheep nibbling on a low hanging mango the other day!

We tried some fresh off the side of the road while we were up that way a few weeks ago. Fark, they are so much better than the ones I’ve tasted down here.

I paid $10 for a single mango once. It was worth it.