The positive thread. find something, anything

If I knew how to post an Applause GIF, I would !

Successfully* splicing out a 15 metre section of shredded VHS tape, currently importing round 5 of 1984. Ha, Richmond still thought they were relevant.

• well, two hours of tape to go. Think weā€™re good though.
Successfully* splicing out a 15 metre section of shredded VHS tape, currently importing round 5 of 1984. Ha, Richmond still thought they were relevant.
  • well, two hours of tape to go. Think weā€™re good though.

Will these be uploaded to YT ?

Some of the tapes Iā€™m going through are dupes and/or unlabelled. Will think about that next step after I get through themā€¦

(Eustice just roosted a long goal as we fark Carlton in round 9.)

Federal Court has issued an injunction blocking seizure of mobiles of some asylum seekers in detention.

i love running my car as low on fuel as I can without running out of fuel. It drives my wife insane.

I have a 62L tank and was so proud to send her this photo of my receipt.

Older model car?
If not Iā€™m surprised your fuel pump hasnā€™t packed it in yet. Most fuel tanks hold a little bit more than what is in the manual aswell, yours is probably a 66-70L tank Iā€™m guessing

i love running my car as low on fuel as I can without running out of fuel. It drives my wife insane.

Older model car?
If not Iā€™m surprised your fuel pump hasnā€™t packed it in yet. Most fuel tanks hold a little bit more than what is in the manual aswell, yours is probably a 66-70L tank Iā€™m guessing

When mine shows 0km, i can only fit 50 litres, but manual says 58. Iā€™ve probably gone 20km past zero, risk-taker that I am.

Older model car?

Itā€™s about 2013 model I think, either way, wife just gave me the usual ā€œeye rollā€ which Iā€™m pretty sure is code for ā€œyouā€™re awesome, but I donā€™t want to admit itā€. Will see if I can get 63L in next timeā€¦

Fairfax shares go into trade hokf amid rumours of Donain sell- off.
And itā€™s reported in the Rage

After spending 90% of 2017 in a hospital bed, Mrs Saladin came home on Saturday. Massive positive for all of Clan Saladin.

Hopefully its only improvement from here on.

3 Likes

My boss being super flexible and allowing me to take my parental leave every Friday for 5 weeks rather than all at once in a week. Even suggested I do a shifty and take 2 days as carers as I needed to care for my wife during his birth and the day after

Got a carrom table today. Forgot how fun it is. And for those who have played, I just finished off a table against Mrs diggers with a coin-queen-coin combination like a BOSS!

1 Like

I am Reboot.

Prove it.

1 Like

Heā€™s not Reboot.
Heā€™s just a very naughty boy.

Ta for that - I had never heard of this till now, and just had a squizz. Very cool. I had ā€˜inventedā€™ a similar thingh for us workshop lads to play during lunch break on an old metal-rimmed laminex table and using 20c pieces - many years ago. I might look into thisā€¦

1 Like

Cucumber sandwiches.

You gotta be kidding me?

Cucumber is the worst, especially in sandwiches. FFS why?

4 Likes

Kookaburras going spare with a twilight convo in the Gum trees out the back, ā€¦ neighbours kids kicking a footy on the road, Cricket on the telly in the evening, cold cold ale after mowing the lawns, & fresh caught whiting w/chips and salad awaiting.

4 Likes

Where was the invite?