The positive thread. find something, anything

Didn’t he whack one with his bat? Or was that Steve? Or somebody else altogether?

Greg Chappell hit a streaker for four with a nice one-handed pull shot.

Unknown

1 Like

Well, it is the younger brother of a test captain. Easy mistake to make.

it’s the guy in the back shooting hoops that’s the hero

5 Likes

Fair effort on both counts there I reckon.

Just found them on Twitter. Some fantastic photos from a range of old and more-recent old stuff.

website is here

http://historyloversclub.com

Shows how much faith I have in people when my first thought is “I bet the ■■■■ didn’t rerack them”

4 Likes

My first thought was “Hipster ■■■■■■ does one more pointless thing.”

1 Like

some examples

4 Likes

I’d say Jerry Lee Lewis, not Johnny Cash in the last photo

I did a bit of googling and found this about that photo.

What others are saying
So…this picture is circulating on the net with the comment that Elvis is doing Johnny Cash’s hair….nooooo that’s not Johnny Cash. It’s Elvis’ cousin and the picture was taken on the set of ‘Loving You’.
During the filming of “Loving You” in Elvis is seen giving his cousin Gene Smith a hair cut. The scene was later cut from the movie. Vernon and Gladys also had small parts in the movie.

Elvis Presley (Photographer unknown, To portray singer Deke Rivers in Loving You, Elvis dyed his hair black. The other young man here is thought to be his cousin Gene Smith.

Lol - nowadays, if there’s a plank more than a foot above the ground in the playground parents will farkin complain that it’s dangerous. What a bunch of disillusional dummies we’ve become.

5 Likes

Shortest day of the annus Today.

As of Midnight, we start turning back towards that glorious Sun, …

2 Likes

Hahahah this one really tickled me.

“How was that one? Is that the kind of thing you’re after?”

1 Like

I had to sign a form for my 4 year old to do a zumba lesson in his classroom. I asked the teacher why on earth do i need to sign a page long consent for my kid to do dancing in the classroom. World has gone mad.

3 Likes

Not surprising.

And…we’re in 2018 ffs - people still think you can contract a virus by not wearing your jacket.

Dodoro - virus free since 2010

2 Likes

It’s in case she dances so energetically she actually zumbas her way off the edge of the earth.

*it’s not round you know …

2 Likes

The teacher told me that last year they did yoga. One of the parents complained to the principal that the teachers were trying to indoctrinate the kids with Hindu spiritualism. Now to reduce the grief from fuckw*t parents they seek permission for everything.

Wow

That’s some pretty high level tin-foil right there.