The positive thread. find something, anything

The Eric Andre Show.

Because when I’m in a ■■■■■■ mood having a ■■■■■■ day because I’ve mucked up big time, I’m grateful this intentionally catastrophic show exists.

3 Likes

bushman bacon. when i lived out bush we used to cut corned brisket real thin and cook in soy sauce. tastes as good as any bacon

Is that pretty much pastrami? Although I think pastrami is smoked too.

When you buy a brand new lawnmower, read the manual carefully, fill it with oil and fuel it up … and the beast starts on the very first pull. I wuv you Victa Mustang!

3 Likes

Interesting.

I always find that they start better if you just press the start button myself.
But hey, whatever floats ya boat.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s amphibious although that might be handy given the current swampiness around here.

Too scared to find out really, it’s so nice and shiny new I don’t want to get it dirty now.

Scones. Scones with vanilla jam + cream.

1 Like

And what is the consensus when it come to pronouncing ‘scones’.

Is it ‘scon?’ or ‘scone’? It’s spelt ‘scone’ but not always pronounced that way.

I prefer ‘scone’.

I’m from a Scottish background, scon is what we say. Sassenachs say scone.

3 Likes

Is that a thing? :thinking:

Scon for mine. Our British Isles ancestry is minimum 150 years ago, so not affected by accents.

1 Like

I misrepresented the jam a little earlier. It is strawberry, rhubarb + vanilla. Very nice indeed.

1 Like

Definitely scon for me.

With strawberry jam and a dollop of cream.

OH BABY

2 Likes

Have the goodies been asked for input yet

1 Like

Last time this came up I believe the jam or cream first debate was as hotly contested as the sit or stand thread.

1 Like

Date scone with butter
Plain scone with jam -raspberry or strawberry- and cream

Date scones? No need for a Metamucil follow up for a day or two after that.

1 Like

Ripper date scones at my favourite coffee shop.

You don’t put jam on cream for lots of reasons but mostly due to the logistical challenge it poses.

1 Like

Fold or scrunch?