The Preseason So Far

Cal Twomey saying … McGrath a lock for Rnd 1at half back
Only because it frees up TIPPA to replace Daniher (RIP) at CHF.
Don't think many people would read past the third paragraph.

I did, because even though I don’t agree with his view, Jackie would have more of an informed view on these matters than literally anyone else on this site.

So did I.
Comment still stands though.

Hird is a very touchy subject to broach.

Cal Twomey saying people at the club saying it's the fittest/cleanest Bill off health for 7-8 years.

Have heard that for the last 7-8 years

Cal Twomey saying people at the club saying it's the fittest/cleanest Bill off health for 7-8 years.

What???

Usually it js the “best pre-season ever”.

Why has EFC downplayed expectations? Panic!

It is a hungry group of players we have with a point to prove, and with a bond made so strong from what they have gone through together.

And it’s damn exciting

By that assumption current A grade players are

Hepps
Zerrett
Jobeywan
Hooker
Hurley
Goddard
Kelly
Joedan

I would rate Hocking as a game turning A grade too, single handidly beat the pies.

Next 6 to step up I think will actually be

Colyer
Walla
Parish
McGrath
Raz
Stewart

Two players who will really shock people with the quality of their footballing next year:

Raz and Walla.

followed closely by Colyer

Raz has a bit of grit and gut run in him we’ve only seen spurts of. And I am convinced Walla has got another level he can play at, and his best footy will come in the second half of this year as he really finds his feel for the game at this level.

Stewart is steal of the trade period. Gun.

“Summary – I expect, based on what I have seen, finals next year, premiership contention in the following two or three years

Remember where you heard this first,… about 6 months ago.

Nice to see people are catching up.

Houli’s Hungee, is good as in my pocket, … pity there were no takers for the other $900 smackers, I could have shouted the selected blitzers a REAL, party.

We might not have actually made it to the final though, … so, silver linings …

Hepps
Zerrett
Jobeywan
Hooker
Hurley
Goddard
Kelly
Joedan

I would rate Hocking as a game turning A grade too, single handidly beat the pies.

Colyer
Walla
Parish
McGrath
Raz
Stewart

Two players who will really shock people with the quality of their footballing next year:

Raz and Walla.

Raz has a bit of grit and gut run in him we’ve only seen spurts of. And I am convinced Walla has got another level he can play at, and his best footy will come in the second half of this year as he really finds his feel for the game at this level.

What are you basing this Stewart opinion on? Do you go to training?
I’ve hardly ever seen him play, but seeing as he’s 22 and couldn’t crack even a semi regular game in the 1’s (albeit for a gun team), I don’t have high hopes. Hopefully I get a pleasant surprise

I miss the good ol’ days when after one balcony training session Grimley was a gun.

On that, though, Grimley was VERY impressive. Plays like Carlisle on a good day and wants to be forward. His accuracy went rather pear-shaped as the game went on, but ten shots on goal you’ll take every day.

Geez I rate our list. If we had another 5-6 A-graders we would be the best side in the history of football.

Maybe I’m misinterpreting other peoples definition of the term.

I like being lid off. But I can’t shake the feeling that in 2015 we finished 4th last, and the risk that other teams were taking the foot off the gas last year when they played us. I guess I’ve just seen too many sets of predictions about this group of draftees over the last 16 years, and not enough have come on for one reason or another.

So List health. is either overrated, or there’s one optimistic ■■■■ Cal speaks to.

I’d say neither. It’s finally true.

Newbie!

Is this referring to my post?

Newbie!

Is this referring to my post?

No, to rosso - according to every publicist for every club, every preseason is “the best preseason EVER!!!”

I was suggesting rosso must be new if he has “only” heard that for the last 7-8 years.

To me what we do in the next 3 years is completely dependent on the team selection philosophy this year. We have to give our young talent lot of game time to progress.

Truth is hard to process sometimes.
To me what we do in the next 3 years is completely dependent on the team selection philosophy this year. We have to give our young talent lot of game time to progress.

I trust Woosha to make selection on merit this coming year. I think he did that this year despite many howls from us to play only the ongoing young players, especially towards the end of the year.

Playing the players in the best form means earning your selection and reward for effort. If the young players can bring it to get into the side and be given 3 or more weeks to establish themselves once they are selected (assuming adequate performances), and the older players are rewarded for good form, then he is doing his job to maintain team morale and development simultaneously.

So is getting the bullshit blinded acolytes to see.

Moving on…

Hepps
Zerrett
Jobeywan
Hooker
Hurley
Goddard
Kelly
Joedan

Colyer
Walla
Parish
McGrath
Raz
Stewart

Raz and Walla.

The term A grade is obviously subjective, but if Hocking has ever been A grade on anyone’s measurement, as with JDs 2016, then what’s the point having the grading when half the comp would meet the criteria?