The Pro Cycling Thread

Yeah, although Sagan was a bit stop-start & going all over the place - would have been hard to follow him. Sky was sky and burnt all their riders a lap early - not sure why they haven’t learned by now. Good dig by Impey to take Kluge / Ewan back to the front at critical time. Getting Kluge to OS looks genius, should make a big difference for Ewan.

Good to have WT cycling back!

Here is analysis of last lap

Chloe Hosking wins stage 3 of the womens TDU
Spratt keeps her lead.

Brendan Canty is out of the TDU - ill.
Tom Scully comes in.

Doull missed the people’s choice classic, Stannard was ill and now Canty - Must be a bug going through the hotel - Back to Ewan - The finish in the criterium is exactly what he needs when up against the big guns - Last 400 or 500 metres to be uphill at 3 to 4% - Doesn’t quite have the top end in a flat sprint.

Interesting that Orica and Cannondale made a big play for Thomas last year - My info was correct - Orica will try again this year.

More Advertisements then actual cycling on 9,s coverage of the TDU…wheres SBS when you need them!

Ewan takes stage 1, sitting on the back of Sagan.

I suspect stage 2 will break a few hearts - It’s one tough stage,

I suspect stage 2 will break a few hearts - It's one tough stage,
Gerrans will get dropped, nothing more sure.

Kirsten Wild takes the final stage of the Women’s TDU, Spratt takes the overall win.

I suspect stage 2 will break a few hearts - It's one tough stage,
Gerrans will get dropped, nothing more sure.

My understanding is that Chaves and the two Yates boys will all ride 2 GT’s in 2017 - Each will have leadership in one GT - My understanding is Chaves will be the leader at the TDF.

I think Gerro held the record for climbing Mt Buller for a while, he can do short hard climbs OK, but you just rarely see it because he is hiding in peleton saving himself.

Here is video of Lama going up paracombe yesterday with live data. Confirms what I said when I drove it 2 years ago - that first 300-500m is much harder than the rest of it, plus it kicks a bit at the end after the KOM point. Last time riders who attacked and chased at the bottom (Porte, Cadel) couldn’t go on with it, but Dennis who was dropped from bunch at the base was able to ride through everyone in 2nd half of climb and take the stage win and go on to win GC.

Morton and Chaves are 2 who could ride off the front and stay away. I don’t think the climb suits Porte as it is too steep at the start, and too fast at the top - but he can’t afford to give a time gap or bonus seconds to any of GC riders. Orica will probably keep pace high in leadup to stop a big break getting all the time bonuses. If Dennis can beat Porte, Evans and Pozzovivo up this climb then Gerro can as well. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

I really hope Porte can win. But I think Chaves will do really well if he is targeting this tour.
I still wouldn't be surprised if BMC backs Dennis, and Porte gives him support.

I really hope Porte can win.
But I think Chaves will do really well if he is targeting this tour.

That is a dominant ride from Porte. He’s got a big enough lead to win the whole thing.

Nice ride from Micheal Storer. 8th (I think) in this company is ■■■■■■ good effort.
Gerrans 47 seconds down.

Smoked em

Thought Porte was a near certainty to win the TDU - The new Paracombe climb made it easier for his GC ambitions - Michael Storer what a ride ! Want him in Orica’s colors.

We need to do the podium better lets find some attractive woman like they do in Europe…other then that the TV coverage was better then yesterday…for 3 hours of tv i gather 90 mins max of actual cycling… porte shouldn’t get beaten from here!

We need to do the podium better lets find some attractive woman like they do in Europe....other then that the TV coverage was better then yesterday......for 3 hours of tv i gather 90 mins max of actual cycling..... porte shouldn't get beaten from here!

There’s a big move to get rid of podium girls across the board.

We need to do the podium better lets find some attractive woman like they do in Europe....other then that the TV coverage was better then yesterday......for 3 hours of tv i gather 90 mins max of actual cycling..... porte shouldn't get beaten from here!

There’s a big move to get rid of podium girls across the board.

Yep SA government has banned grid girls for the Clipsal 500 and wants to do so for the TDU next year