The Pro Cycling Thread

Pinot wins the stage from a select group.
Yates, Jungels and Mollema help Dumoulin limit the damage to 15 seconds.
Quintana leads by 39 seconds from Nibali, Pinot a further 4 seconds back.
Dumoulin needs 53 seconds in the ITT.
Its basically a flat, straight non technical ITT.
30 odd minutes of pure horsepower, fatigue should not be an issue.
Tom should smash them, I’d be surprised if it’s even close.
Zakarin could easily displace one of the top 3 as well.

Anywhere you can watch the tt live?
Would be great if sbs out it on

There will be a stream somewhere on steephill.tv

TIZ Cycling also streaming it live

1 Like

Try tour tracker

GC faves won’t start until late tho right?

Start order is in reverse standing.
First off the block is the last GC place holder.
Quintana will be last out of the gate.
He will get some advantage in knowing what splits Dumoulin and others are setting.

People saying Pinot is a sneaky chance? He’s got 10" on Tom.

I don’t see it at all. His TT is as bad as Quintanas.
IMO he’s the one most likely to drop out of the podium.

Key riders will be on after midnight.

Woohoo!

Dumolin wins watched highlights on youtube this morning.

Quintana needs to improve his time trialling if he wants to win more grand tours.

Tom did it easy as I expected.
Quintana will do better in GTs that are less favourable to TTers. Eg if there is a TTT instead of an ITT, have an MTT or harder MTFs.
Quintana, Chavez, Pinot, Yates bros all have the same issue.

1 Like

2 Likes

Posted a while ago that it was a brave but correct decision for Dumoulin to ride the Giro. The TDF had less tt kms in which he would match Froome and a less mountainous route. The TDF would have been a soft option but not a true test of his GC ambitions. Riding such a tough Giro shows that he can be competitive in any GT.

The last week of the Giro was super aggressive and i feel this was a strong GT.

Hats off to Keukeliere winning the Tour of Belgium while riding for the Belgium national team. This is a big race for a Belgium to win, and Dumoulin won this race in 2015.

Anyway its the first edition of the Hammer Series in Holland this Friday to Sunday. Dumoulin is on the start list.

1 Like

Latest episode of the Three Domestiques is great. I could listen to Juul Jenson all day.

1 Like

Love the Three Domestiques - Juul Jensen is more famous for reading 8 to 10 books in every GT - And a damn fine rider.

1 Like

It’s Hammer time - The first event of the three day series of team event’s start in Holland this Friday - To explain it day one is a climbing day, day two is a sprint and day three is a team’s pursuit - Imagine there will be big crowds with Tom Dumoulin the star attraction. 12 WT teams who are members of Velon will participate

Orica team is

Bewley
Durbridge
Ewan
Hayman
Edmondson
Docker
Kluge

On another matter, L’Equipe reporting that their was Velo collusion when Jungels/Mollema/Yates helped Dumoulin on the final descent in stage 20 - Had no idea why these riders helped.

Fairly obvious wasn’t it? The dutch connection + OS anger at the Movistar attack on the Blockhaus after the motorcycle accident. I would have done the same. Movistar and Barhains tactics for the whole Giro left a bad taste, and this was a way to repay the favour.
There was clear evidence that Yates help Dumoulin in the previous stage as well - in helping close down the attack that split the peloton.

2 Likes