The Pro Cycling Thread

Kittel wins again, I suspect he’ll rack up a bunch of wins here. Demare all over the place, but gets 2nd. Matthews won’t get close in the green jersey competion.

Kittel’s just too good

1 Like

Kittel is the fastest rider in the peleton on a totally flat finish. The scary thing is he has come from a long way back in both his stage wins. I have a theory that Kittel works better without a sprint train. He needs one lead out man and can then surf wheels.

Yep nobody gets close to Kittel on a vanilla sprint stage.

I suspect OS would have been better bringing Ewan and a full sprint train, and looked at opportunistic mountain stages with Yates than bothering with the GC here.

1 Like

This is exactly what I suggested when Yates was switched to the TDF. My difference is I would have left Yates at the Giro, Chaves at the TDF and given Ewan one dedicated rider either Mezgec or Kluge, because the team as selected could have also used Impey and Hayman to support Ewan.

Anyway Kittel beats Boassen Hagen in a deceptive photo finish with Matthews a close third.

1 Like

I dunno, I’d call that finish pretty damn close!

2 Likes

Insane speeds inside that final 5 km…love the data you can get now days through strava

Showtime tonight.

2 Likes

im still trying to work out why BMC would let N Roche do what he did yesterday…thought he was there to help porte…!

1 Like

BMC tactics have been bizarre so far.

Am settling in for the night.hopefully plenty of action…lets hope fulsang has a crack early as yaco55 implied they always go a peak before the last climb!

1 Like

Watch the domestiques go up the road early in an attempt to provide GC riders support at the end.

yep as per my earlier discussion …sky have the ability to do but as pointed out to me they never seem to do it!

Personally I think Ritchie is on his pat Malone!

1 Like

We’re underway.
Roads are wet, the grouppetto formed after just 1km!

BMC have sent Alessandro De Marchi up the road in the break.

and a crash as well

Gesink and Mori out.

Sepulveda & Laengen crash.

■■■■■■ hell! Some scary sh*t

1 Like