The Pro Cycling Thread

Going to need something special to get over Kittel you’d think

Edit: And Kittel deserves it really, he’s the best sprinter.

Was hoping Porte would be fit for the Vuelta but its now doubtful.

Aru has twice attacked the Sky train. He is a big danger to Froome.

Orica riders are out of form. Yates is doing Ok and Keukeliere is on form. The rest are out of form. Disappointing.

Some teams have stuffed up the calendar for their riders inc Orica

Dumbest team is FDJ. Only needed one rider to pace Demare. Stupidity at its finest

2 Likes

Chaves and Howson have been very disappointing

aru attacking when froome had a mechanical will not make him a popular guy…

I thought porte should have went with fulsang instead of letting froome set the tempo on the last part of the climb…

3 Likes

I have no problem with Aru attacking. The race is never on with Froome in the peleton. He went off the road in the previous stage and the peleton waited. Froome always manages to have a small problem during his race.

1 Like

Saw similar comments on twitter. Tactically times mechanicals.

Why watch now though. Froome’s the terminator on a bike. Aru’s an unlikeable underdog. :zzz:

1 Like

Some horrible photos from yesterday going around

Really tough guys.

Majka’s out too.

Wonder if they regret including that descent now?

Another thing I cant work out is why did astana do turns on the front with froome…to me they should of just sat on him on the flat!

Was looking at some strava data R Bardet maxed out at 103.5 kph on the down hill…unfreakin believable!

1 Like

Mijka crashed earlier, not long after Thomas.
Porte’ crash was the only one on the descent of Mont du Chat.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

But no DQ. He’s French after all.
Meanwhile Kittel wins again, and he almost certainly will again tonight.

No way Astana will let Bardet go up the road and lose time. Astana have two cards to play with Aru and Fuglsang who can pressure Froome.

No surprise Kittel is dominating as he is the fastest sprinter. Should win another two stages. The good thing about Kittel’s wins are he is showing you can win without a train, which shows you can ride sprints and GC in the same GT. All a good sprinter needs is one lead out rider while another two or three riders can help the sprinter and GC rider.

1 Like

Really quite surprised that Greipel has been such a non factor. I guess at 34 father time has caught up with him.
With Cav out, Bouhanni a non factor, and Sagan DQed, there’s nobody that’s going to challenge Kittel now, assuming he gets a free run at it.
Degenkob, Kristoff, Groenewegen and Matthews will fight over the scraps.

Kittel coasting along at the intermediate sprint with Matthews sprinting at almost the same speed looked remarkable. What a beast.

1 Like

Poor Bodnar :frowning:

Meanwhile…

https://twitter.com/petosagan/status/885188949110607872

1 Like

Kittel too good.
MTF 2/3 tonight

Fuglsand has a busted wrist and elbow after a crash. Likely to pull out before or during tonight’s stage. Bardet also a bit banged up, but good to go.
How easy is this for Froome?