The Pro Cycling Thread

Bardet’s post TT comments:
“I made a choice not to focus on the time trial because it’s not the way I like to ride. Going out to train on my time trial bike is a little bit boring for me.”

Gonna be hard to win a GT with that sort of attitude.

1 Like

Reckon Hayman should retire at the end of 2017 - Has always struggled in GT’s, hence why he’s only ridden so few GT’s - Orica being a GT team needs strong riders for one GC per year - Tuft and Plaza have proven better value in the Vuelta.

1 Like

It was an odd selection.

Keukeleire moves Lotto-Soudal.

Is this confirmed. It has been floating as a rumour on more than one cycling forum. Strange thing is Etix dont rate Keukeliere, but he is rated highly by LS, Belgian Cycling Federation and fellow Belgium riders.

Noticed BMC is stopping their CT team, allegedly because Sivakov is joining Sky. I believe the UCI nees to implement a system where WT run CT development teams have first call to offer a rider a contract. After all the first pro.contract is two years and then riders are free to move.

Cycling fever has changed his status from “rumor” to “confirmed”

No doubt Trentin in is a big win for the Classics team, but losing both Keukeliere and Cort is a blow.

Always thought one of the above could leave but losing both is a surprise.

Must be a chance Ewan will join LS in 2019.

Kreuziger not riding the Vuelta.

Team for Ride London

Hepburn
Kluge
Hayman
Edmondson
Docker
Cort
Impey

Interested to see when Durbridge recovers from his ankle injury - Hoping he can be fine for the Enect Tour.

1 Like

Not really surprised.
With Yates x2 and Chaves riding, how many other climbers can you carry? I assume Plaza or Verona will come in, and with Haig or Howson in the wings, there’s simply no room for Kreuziger.

Is Chavez expected to be fit by the Vuelta?

They would expect so otherwise riding the TdF was a complete waste of time.

The team needs to be well balanced with a TTT as stage 1 - Reckon Haig and Plaza are certainties - Query is whether they will take a sprinter type like Cort - Chaves form for the Vuelta ? - He’s that type of rider who shows little lead up form and then suddenly hits his peak - Had little form before Vuela 2015 and Giro 2016.- We will have to wait and see.

Kwiatkowski wins San Sebastián and Sagan beats Ewan stage 1 tour of Poland.

Cam Meyer rumoured heading back to OS.

Ewan jumped too late in the sprint but has another chance today - Ride London today - Cort should be able to get over Box Hill and feature in the finish.

Meyer will add good support in the Classics and in stage races - It may be the end for Docker - Any chance Gerrans could end up back at FDJ.

Why would FDJ want him? He’s cooked.

Allegedly Gerrans has a WT contract for next year- Froome dropped Nieve into it by stating that Nieve got an offer to good to refuse from Orica - Modolo wins stage 2 of Poland in a messy sprint, in which Sagan and Ewan got lost in the final - GC action tomorrow.

Kristoff holds off Cort and Matthews in Ride London - Finish supports my assertion that Cort is quicker in a sprint than Matthews - Docker’s lead out was too good as he left the peleton behind with 400 metres to go. - Interesting to see Impey and Trentin in the break - Practising for 2018 !

1 Like

Cam Meyer story.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjq_9uIv7LVAhWEmZQKHUX5D58QqQIIJSgAMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adelaidenow.com.au%2Fsport%2Ftrack-world-champion-cameron-meyer-poised-to-return-to-cyclings-worldtour-with-australian-team-oricascott%2Fnews-story%2Fe1995d82a33d251fa8390c40a1aa0cda&usg=AFQjCNHCwAgWS1EgYM0CxOVqvkJ0csxu0A

Orica seem to give Reece Homfrey one exclusive each year of a new signing for the team -Meyer can ride at the level if he is committed and can win races.

1 Like

OSS and Sagan, most stylish tag team in the peloton

1 Like