The Pro Cycling Thread

Cam Meyer’s return to OS confirmed.

Orica must be trolling - Verona on the start list but not riding Poland or the Eneco Tour - You never have Hayman,Bewley and Tuft in the same team - Cort and Plaza were taken off the start list on August 4 - Plaza is showing good form in Poland and Cort should go as a sprinter - One of the posters of CN who seems to have contact with Cort is insistent he is riding the Vuelta.

Reckon Haig could have won stage 7 of Poland if he wasn’t working for Yates who came second in the stage - An awesome ride by Sagan.

I wonder whether Hansen has re-committed to LS for 2017 - Some teams will give cyclists less ride days if they know they are leaving - Anyway Hansen will have no shortage of suitors - European Championship tomorrow on a pan flat course.

My understanding is Juul-Jensen has recommitted to Orica for another two years.

Most interesting thing about Meyer re-signing is the length three years - Could he be the leader at the TDU?

I am still stumped as who will be the leader in the two Canadian races.

Kristoff beats Viviani in a close finish to the European RR with Hofland 3rd - Mezgec was 5th and Cort nowhere - A monster ride by Keukeliere.

Cort to Astana - Seems like it was a case of more opportunities and $$$$

Trentin confirmed to Orica - This is an excellent signing. Coming out of the best classics team in Etix - Can win a classic and also help Ewan in the sprints.

1 Like

Astana have a Danish DS (Lars Michaelsen) who is chasing a bunch of Scandinavians for his classics squad. Little surprise that Cort was one they targeted.

Contador announces his retirement - effectively after completion of the Vuelta.

Hi all, I would like to inform you about two things. The first one is that I will ride the next Vuelta a Espana from August 19 and the second is that it will be my last race as a professional cyclist,” Contador said. “I say this happy, without sadness. It’s a decision that I have thought about very well and I don’t think that there is a better farewell than in a home race in my own country. I am sure they will be three great weeks, enjoying all your support and I’m looking forward to it.”

Sagan beats Bauhaus and Cort in stage 1 of the Bink Banck Tour - Cort wins the stage if he holds Docker’s wheel - A missed opportunity.

Hansen riding the Vuelta after all after in of his teammates injured in a fall. Clearly not that injured.
Nathan Hass off to Katusha.

Posted after the Giro debacle Haas had to leave DD. Fancy being favorite for a stage and the team fails to ride to bring back the break.

Seems like Cort left primarily for dollars.

1 Like

Would have loved Haas at Orica as he could have filled the Albasini role into the future - Think Katusha is a good team for Haas - Tuft resigns for one more year.

Tuft is ageless. I really thought that would be it for him this year.

Didn’t come through the AIS program did he?
OS seem to only take Australian riders that take this path.

The AIS is a millstone around Orica’s neck - It may be that neither side was interested but Haas did seem a good fit.

1 Like

Team Sky’s Luke Rowe ‘could miss a year’ after rafting leg break
I knew straight away how serious it was, it was excruciating pain and there are quite a few broken bones. It was a case of trying to get out of the water as quickly as possible and into an ambulance.

I’ve broken a fair few bones in my career but this was significantly worse than any of them. It was double the pain - add the pain of a few broken bones together.

I lifted my leg, but my foot stayed still, it was kind of hanging off, limp. The bone didn’t break the skin, but it is pretty scary when you look down and see that when you are on the side of a riverbank.

No Bay Crit series in 2018 because of a scheduling clash with the National Championship - This should never happen.

Keenan on the three domestiques podcast suggested Lotto Soudal should buy out Ewan’s contract for 2018 - Interested !

Not sure that OS are ready to let go of Ewan quite yet.

I doubt it will happen - 2019 is a different story and any move will come from Ewan’s side - Keenan also alluded that Haas enjoys riding for Overseas teams - Seems there may have been interest from Orica.

1 Like

Strong rumours that Qunitana will split from Movistar as early as next week.

What will be his destination ? Team Emirates,Trek Segafreddo or Astana or even Sky ?