The Pro Cycling Thread

Seems Trek, Bahrain or Astana are the 3 favourites

Could Bahrain afford both Nibali and Quintana ? Where does Aru fit into the equation as he is certain to leave Astana ?

It’s rumoured that Bahrain’s budget will match Katusha’s - which is only slightly less than Skys next year.
Money is not an issue for them.

My other question is whether they can attract enough quality mountain domestics to support two big time GC riders - As is stands now Nibali support is limited.

Hayman re-signs for 2018.
Even stranger than the Tuft re-signing.

1 Like

Bouhanni in action on the way to winning stage 2 of the Tour de l’Ain.
No relegation despite putting Maldonado into the barriers and hospital.

Noticed Orica have announced contract renewals from the oldest - Guess Albasini will be next

Nope.
Juul-Jensen extends by 2 years.

Hepburn renews for two years.

Orica team for the Vuelta. Gotta say i am happy with this team. Could have switched Hepburn for Bewley and Plaza for Verona. I love the idea of having Cort for the sprints in which he can win a stage.

Yates x 2
Chaves
Bewley
Tuft
Cort
Juul jensen
Verona
Haig

1 Like

Lots of climbing power.

And lots of climbing in the Vuelta - It’s my favorite GC.

1 Like

So it’d be too risky to have Haig do TDF but not Vuelta?

Haig should be doing the Vuelta - He’s a chance to win a stage, which isn’t the case in the TDF - I am waiting for his contract renewal - I predict Haig will be a better GC rider than the Yates boys.

1 Like

Howson was always going to get first crack at it. That being said OS planning for the TdF was woeful.

Bewley extends with OS

Orica still have a number of unsigned riders for 2018

Haig
Edmondson
Gerrans
Docker
Mezgec
Albasini
Plaza
Power

Gerrans is the only one linked to another team, so assume most of the others will renew - Think Docker and Power are under pressure and hear that Plaza has ongoing injury concerns.

Power will be given more time.

Landa confirmed to Movistar.

Cycling news interview with Haig suggests contract negotiations are well advanced.

1 Like

Kittel and Alpecin back together. Dream pairing of rider and sponsor.

1 Like

Cannondale-Drapac for the 2017 Vuelta a España:
Brendan Canty (AUS)
Simon Clarke (AUS)
Will Clarke (AUS)
Joe Dombrowski (USA)
Thomas Scully (NZL)
Toms Skujins (LAT)
Tom Van Asbroeck (BEL)
Davide Villella (ITA)
Mike Woods (CAN)

Looks more like an OS squad with all the Australian and NZ riders!