The Pro Cycling Thread

Depends…who else is in the break?

The break is only the three riders listed.

id be letting them loose!

Any ideas for a stream for tonights tt

tizcycling.com

And Dumoulin smashes the TT from Roglic and Froome - Dennis somehow managed to crash which probably cost him the bronze medal. Tomorrow is a rest day and the election for the UCI president - Friday is under 23’s men RR and the women’s junior RR.

1 Like

I think Dennis would have been 2nd.
Only 10 sec down on Dumoulin at first intermediate, and only 15 sec down, for the climb, on Roglic (11 on Dumoulin) who flew up the climb. Froome a little disappointing.

Thought Dumoulin would win.
Bit harsh saying froome dissapointing - he did team TT and just done vuelta whereas Dumolin was focused on the Individual TT.
Sounds like Dennis went ok despite crashing finishing 8th.

Froome was there to win. I’m sure he’ll be satisfied with his year’s results though!

Think you are right - Dennis was 4 seconds down at the 16km split before crashing at the 18km - Did the climb 5 seconds slower than Dumoulin who probably took easy on the climb - Reckon no crash and Dumoulin wins by around 20s.

The courses for next years Worlds in Austria are brutal - Reckon the men’s RR could have less than 30 finishers - Expect teams to get their selection right for the TTT which is 62km - It’s for rouleurs/climbers and not flat men.

1 Like

Dumoulin is overall a better TT’er than Froome - Froome needs a flatter TT to defeat Dumoulin.

https://twitter.com/cyclinghubtv/status/910531362414907393

Gerrans to BMC

1 Like

Some help for ritchie

Not sure he’ll be much help for Richie. I’d be surprised if he rides a GT for BMC.
Perhaps help for GVA in the classics.

in other news my attempt on the 2017 World TT course blew up on the final climb… I did finish however in a time that saw me come in a fraction at double of Big toms winning time lol…

2 Likes

Think Barry is right about Gerrans main role is helping at classics and one day races - Recently he’s been unreliable at finishing GT’s and I doubt his capacity to be a road captain - And to think BMC hada big crack at L.Hamilton - Any chance of adding Haussler to the squad providing his knee holds up.

1 Like

Orica Women;s team sign Julien D’Hoore who has a fast finish - Should be a good signing to fill an area of need - Seems my info a few months ago that extra money was allocated to the women’s team was correct.

Interesting to see Tracy Gaudry handing out medals at the World’s - Will be interesting to see how she can juggle both roles as UCI Vice President and CEO of Hawthorn FC.

1 Like

Cookson lost the UCI Presidency to Lappartient 37-8!

Watching the under 23’s RR - Classic type riders can do damage on this circuit, especially if its cold,rainy and windy.

1 Like

Garfoot takes silver behind Blaak in the women’s RR - She was too scared to go for gold.