The Pro Cycling Thread

Looks great. Cut seems baggy compared to other teams though.

Also I keep meaning to post, I never saw the news when Kittel went to Katusha. Why the move?

Quick Step budget is not what it was and they believe that Gaviria has more strings to the bow.
They’ve also brought in Viviani from Sky.
Katusha also threw a lot of money at Kittel - now that Kristoff is off the books.

1 Like

BMC Racing for the 2018 Tour Down Under: Richie Porte, Paddy Bevin, Tom Bohli, Rohan Dennis, Simon Gerrans, Miles Scotson, and Danilo Wyss.

I’d say the team to beat.

2 Likes

This is why i hope management have abandoned the hair brained scheme to have one of the Yates ride GC at TDU. Better to focus on stages.

My understanding is the TDU squad has Ewan, Hayman and Hepburn confirmed while Bauer and Meyer are nearly confirmed. Other two spots should come from Impey, Durbridge, Edmondson and Howson.

Will be no Mezgec or Kluge to lead out Ewan.

1 Like

Surely they will be trying to Help Ewan win some stages in Australia, boost his profile, and get some wins for the Team.

1 Like

I would think so.

Ewan has won 6 stages in the previous 2 TDU’s with a similar team. He’ll win if he is good enough.

The shopfront for MS to obtain sponsorship is the 2018 TDF, hence why at this stage Ewan is on the start list.

that is seriously good team

1 Like

TDF champion Chris Froome has been asked for a 'please explain' by the UCI after he was found to have an excessive level of an asthma drug in his system at this year's Vuelta https://t.co/QiNqtFNmoT (Pic:AP) #cycling pic.twitter.com/yqGCuCfGAO

— ABC Grandstand (@abcgrandstand) December 13, 2017

Chris Froome released this statement on Team Sky's official website pic.twitter.com/3Y8H5Uq8XF

— PA Sport (@pasport) December 13, 2017

Ewan confirmed for TdF

1 Like

My mail was correct that Ewan will ride the TDF. Ewan is ready for this race and can win a stage but this is all about sponsorship going forward. Will add its essential that Ewan has Mezgec to lead him in the final.One if the Yates will ride for GC though the main targets are the Giro and Vuelta.

Ewan in 2019 is an interesting subject. Logically he should move teams, the aussie cycling mafia advises him to leave, while Ewan and MS seem fairly comfortable about the situation.

Probably means that MS aren’t seriously chasing the GC at the TdF.

1 Like

Colour me cynical but Froome’s AAF was the stage after Muchaco in which he struggled big time - Sky do themselves no favours with their manipulation of TUE’s at key moments - The strangest thing about the Froome case is no provisional suspension.

MS will be riding for GC at the TDF but it’s not their primary aim - Think it will be A.Yates.

The hype train for the TDF in Oz will be massive with Porte and Ewan - Problem is Porte doesn’t understand what is his best team and he has no power to kick GVA off the TDF squad - This would never happen under Evan’s watch - Will add its important for Ewan to ride French races like PN/Dauphine to obtain experience in French conditions.

According to the UCI, under Article 7.9.1 of its Code, provisional suspensions don’t apply to specified substances such as salbutamol.
Apparently Israel is paying Froome a special fee to compete in the opening stage of the Giro.

The PR machine at Mitchelton Scott must be pulling their hair out - Announce Ewan is riding the TDF and one hour later comes the Froome sensation - Unfortunately the Ewan news will be lost in the wash.

1 Like

When your reference point is the following previous cases, it doesnt look good. But would the UCI suspend him. Or is he too good to be bad.

Didnt Sir Wiggings have TUE’s as well

Bradley Wiggins’ TUE use

• June 13, 2008: Salbutamol (200ug dosage, inhalation as needed for 12-months)
• December 12, 2008: Salbutamol (250ug dosage, inhalation as needed for 12-months)
• December 16, 2008: Salbutamol (2 puffs dosage, 2 times per day for 12-months), Formoterol (2 puffs dosage, 2 times per day for 12-months), Budesonide (2 inhalations dosage, 2 times per day for 12-months
• June 29, 2011: Triamcinolone acetonide (40mg intramauscular dosage, one time injection)
• June 26, 2012: Triamcinolone acetonide (40mg intramauscular dosage, one time injection)
• April 22, 2013: Triamcinolone acetonide (40mg intramauscular dosage, one time injection)

I think at some stage WADA rules on inhalation of salbutamol changed, with TUE no longer required up to a prescribed limit of dosage and daily intake.