The Pro Cycling Thread

Matt White podcast next week on The Cycling Podcast holds back no punches on doping and moto doping. Will shock a few.

1 Like

yacco, you’ve picked this in one.

Simon Yates and Chaves Target the Giro / Vuelta
Adam Yates targets the TdF.

2 Likes

Still getting over the shock of EWan riding the TDF which contains a TTT - Anyway once it was explained it made sense - Think all the main riders are happier because they are riding their preferred races - Anyway the riders have to perform - I have no idea if Trentin is doing the Giro or the TDF - The only thing I know is he isn’t a typical Italian who prefers the Giro.

Dumoulin to ride and defend his title at the Giro according to De Telegraaf.

1 Like

A staggering move. Include the TTT and its 60kms of TT. Add the first tricky week of cobbles and possibly echelons its manor from heaven for Dumoulin. Remember he won the Eneco Tour.in 2016 with its bergs, cobbles and tricky roads. Its hard to fathom this choice.

1 Like

Jason Lowndes killed by a car near Bendigo :frowning:

Terrible news - A promising cyclist taken down in the prime of his life - RIP.

1 Like

22 is far, far to young.

Was on the startlist for the Herald Sun tour - Today’s events reinforces that cycling is dangerous sport.

Interesting that Chaves has been in Melbourne since XMAS - Apparently staying in the Dandenongs so you could see him on the Kinglake circuit.

2 Likes

Strange, I would have thought he’d happier training at home.
Haven’t heard of anyone crossing paths with him here yet.

There is a pic of him with Santa Claus on his instagram and his location is Kilsyth South, Melbourne - Got it - Attended Dan Jones wedding with partner in crime Sam Bewley.

1 Like

Nationals this week - Men’s ITT should be a podium of Dennis,Porte and Durbridge - Criterium should be won of Ewan, Edmondson or Meyer, while the RR is a lottery - Orica have 9 riders this year ( only Haig is missing), BMC have the strongest team with 4 strong riders, while Sunweb should have three or four riders.

Womens ; Criterion should be one won by one of the Orica riders - Garfoot and Gillow should go one and two in the ITT, while the RR is more open this year - Probably one of the Orica riders like Spratt,Elvin, Roy or kennedy will be favorites.

I believe the Orica TDU squad will be all-Aussie, except for Bauer.

Yes - no Michelton Bay Classic this year, straight into RoadNats this week.

I was looking at Stage 3 of Herald Sun Tour - continues last year’s trend of having a decent climb stage, this time up Lake Mountain.

No Froomey this year, perhaps the summer pollen count is too much for him.

1 Like

I wonder if Ewan maybe a bit under-done for the TDU seeing he has no Bay Crits - And he will have stronger competition in 2018 with Greipel and Viviani joining Sagan.

1 Like

He’s usually pretty fast out of the box.

Porte is flying again, has been training everyday out of Launceston over Christmas break, usually Launceston- Scottsdale loop which is 140kms and 2000m elevation. And He’s on Strava now, so picking up all the KOM’s

2 Likes

Looks like the National jersey now comes with a matching cap … cool

1 Like

Caleb on form enough to take Crit fairly easily - although really Orica Scott have a huge advantage in this as the only top level team.

3 in a row for @CalebEwan!!! 👏 @SteeleVH 2nd @brenton_jones 3rd https://t.co/JK8FlbIoLA pic.twitter.com/VOK6KDyQwZ

— Cycling Australia (@CyclingAus) January 3, 2018