The Pro Cycling Thread

Durbo collarbone…I reckon he was knocked out when hitting the gutter!

Super win by Edmondson who is a seriously talented rider. He can win a classic.

Durbo will be right for the start of the Classics season but will be behind the eight ball.

Who will replace Durbo in the TDU.

1 Like

Will add that Meyer is shaping up well and should be the protected rider for the Cadel Evans road race.

1 Like

Thinking about the MS TDU team - Was informed it would be 6 Aussies and Bauer - Of course Durbridge needs to be replaced

My guess is

Ewan
Hepburn
Hayman
Meyer
Bauer
Howson

Unsure about the 7th spot to replace Durbridge - MS usually don’t start inexperienced pro’s in this race so you can rule out Hamilton and Power - Unsure whether Edmondson will get a start but he can help Ewan in the sprints - Maybe they’ll bring over an Impey type.

yeh that looked terrible.

It was a pretty good ride for Ewan to still be in the race at the death.
Ewan would have won if his team had wanted to catch the breakaway, but his team mate won anyway.
Last 30kms was pretty exciting.

Power is in his 3rd year, so I wouldn’t be worried about him.

Traditionally MS have been reluctant to select inexperienced pro’s in the TDU. In saying that, i would select Edmondson as Ewan will need support in a strong sprint field.

Power will be held back for the Herald Sun Tour. MS will have a battle with Kelderman ridng for Sunweb.

1 Like

MS team for the TDU

• Ewan
  • Hayman
  • Edmondson
  • Impey
  • Bauer
    -Howson
  • Meyer

It’s all about stage victories.

1 Like

Trentin injured in a training crash, will slightly delay his debut for MS.

Its a blow with Trentin and Durbridge the engine room of the Classics squad injured. MS begin their itinerant training camp this week in Spain. I was informed about this camp around a month ago but thought it would take place aftet the Herald Sun Tour. Basically the camp will change location and hotel each day like a stage race. Only half the team will be at the camp.

The UNISA team for the Tdu is uninspiring. Not much young talent.

I think Trentin will be kept out of training for a week or two. That shouldn’t seriously affect his classics ambitions.

Het Volk the first classics race on 24th Feb will be using part of the Flanders race. This could be a strong form race for the bigger goals.

Story goes rhw UCI changes rules around being part if the testing pool which was overlooked by Cycling Aust. Hence why no Monk or Harper.

Further evidence of how useless CA is.

2 Likes

Or if it is not track it does not exist

1 Like

Strangest thing is Monk rode as a stagiare in Aug and Sep so he must have been in the testing pool. Thought all WT and PCT riders were in the testing pool.

stagiares are exempt from the testing pool. There is no compulsion for stagiares to do this, although they can voluntarily do so.

Really - That seems to be an omission by the UCI.

Chaves continues to train at Falls Creek. Spotted this morning at Tawona South with Rob Power (we think).

1 Like