The Pro Cycling Thread

Transfer news. Porte to Trek just awaiting final signature. Adam Yates on their shopping list too.
Pinot in discussions with Sky.

2 Likes

“Simon Yates was approached by Trek-Segafredo earlier in the season but was priced too high. He and his brother Adam are now set to stay at Mitchelton-Scott with the Australian team increasing their budget while allowing Caleb Ewan to leave for Lotto Soudal.”

CN, Daniel Benson

Read that article that was so far out of date its not funny. Daniel Benson is usually to the mark with transfer news.

Pinot is an interesting case. Would seem happier riding for a non French team and ride a suitable calendar. Though he will need to take a haircut.

He’s not going to get anywhere at FDJ, so a move is a must.

Rohan Dennis not going to the Tour De France. I was hoping he would be there to help Ritchie.

He’d probably only be able to help in the TTT; and in that regard, the BMC team is still reasonably strong.
Gerro though, is riding in support of Porte. I must say I’m surprised.

Pretty similar team to Suisse.
Paddy Bevin (Dauphine)
Damian Caruso (Dauphine)
Simmon Gerrans
Ritchie Porte
Michael Schar
Greg Van Avermaet
Tejay Van Garderen
Stefan Kung (Suisse ITT Champion) (edit)

I would have liked to see Dennis win a ITT at Tour for himself and also help in TTT.

Kung as well (just won the Swiss ITT road championship).

1 Like

I doubt Dennis could have won the stage 20 ITT as it may be too lumpy for his characteristics - Really disappointed that Haas didn’t get a gig in the TDF for the Katusha squad - One of the reasons he left DD was the opportunity to ride the TDF - And Haas was flying in Tour Se Suisse with a 2nd and 3rd in stages - A puzzling decision - Hope MS can get a Bevin or Kung from BMC to strengthen their Classics squad.

1 Like

Could Ewan maybe a mid-season transfer. LS may not be his team of choice.

Would depend if MS have any sprint ambitions for the rest of the year?
Are you hearing something?

1 Like

I doubt the transfer will occur. Will add that Ewancan still have an attractive calendar for the remainder of 2018 if he is motivated. Supposedly Mezgec has been given his choice of calendar for 2018. Trentin aiming for Vuelta

• List item

BOOM!

Under UCI regulations, Froome is allowed to continue racing pending a resolution of his salbutamol case. However, ASO sent Team Sky an email in which they make it clear that Froome is not welcome at the Tour.

“The Tour de France wants at all costs to avoid being in the same situation as the recent Giro d’Italia, where the final victory of Froome is now marked with an asterisk,” reportLe Monde.

The ASO has cited article 28 of its rules, which “expressly reserves the right to refuse participation in - or to exclude from - the event, a team or any of its members whose presence would be such as to damage the image or reputation of ASO or the event.”

Team Sky has already appealed this decision to the National Olympic Committee of French Sport, and a hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, July 3 with a decision set to made the following day.

2 Likes

I fear this will end in heartbreak for the ASO. Seems like they are playing to the masses.

They’re probably not worried about that. It’s all about the optics. They tried to do the right thing.

Its funny how the right thing is different for ASO and the RCS.

ASO=AFL

Sky=Black Ops!

ASO sees it self as the supreme cycling body. Even UCI are scared of them. It doesn’t need Froome for a successful TdF.

Froome cleared by UCI

1 Like