The Pro Cycling Thread

I’m no cycling expert, but is it a bit of arrogance from Froome in not even trying to stay with the other GC contenders in the last couple of KMs?

Nah, not really. He can’t really go with the punchy, explosive riders. His strength is high tempo over climbs that go on for a long time.

Nice to see Martin Win a stage, seems like a good Irish lad.

1 Like

Thought Alaphalippe and A.Yates were a bit off which was reflected in the stage result, though they can both win a stage. Great win bu a brave rider in D.Martin. This was similar to his stage win in Dauphine in which he counter attacked.

Hats off to Jack Bauer’s ride in stage 6 - He saw the danger of crosswinds and had A.Yates brilliantly positioned with 5kms to go - Reckon Valverde being in the first group saved the bacon of 5 GC contenders which included the stage winner - My guess is if Valverde was in the second group with Landa and Quintana, then Sky and BMC would have drilled it for the next 20 or 30 kms.

1 Like

Groenewegen easily takes care of Gaviria to win the stage,
Another flat one tonight.

1 Like

Surely not?

Cyclingnews understands that the Australian team have re-signed both Adam and Simon Yates on long-term deals with improved financial packages for both brothers in order to retain the services

Ewan’s Manager stuffed up any chance of Ewan staying at MS by playing funny buggers with his potential contract renewal - MS only had budget to keep of Yates x 2 and Ewan - Once Ewan’s management delayed then MS swooped on both Yates - The Aqua Blue story is interesting - You want to jump to WT, so having Porte and Ewan is a good start - Love to see Ewan riding for his father-in-law.

And Annemiek Van Vleuten is the Queen of Zoncolan.

Kittel looks to be badly out of form, but geez sooking it up isn’t going to help anything.

1 Like

He’s been shocking all year. Its a surprise that he even got selected to ride the TdF.

1 Like

Let’s hope it rains tonight…

… to keep the dust out of their eyes :innocent:

2 Likes

ha!
Sadly it won’t. 29, light winds sunny.

1 Like

Groenewegen wins again. Gaviria and Griepel relegated.

1 Like

Surely those poor b*stards riding with broken bones won’t survive tonight. Should be great to watch though!

1 Like

Had Gaviria and Groenewegen as my two nailed on winners of sprints - Ewan and Gaviria were closely matched less than 18 months ago - I suspect some GC hopes will go up in smoke today.

Have both in my TdF fantasy team, it’s just a matter of picking the right one for double points on the right stage.

Gaviria learnt a valuable lesson yesterday - Trust your lead out rider ( Richeze ) and mostly you’ll be placed in prime position - Gaviria followed Richeze and he was a chance to win the stage.

Tonight it will be Quick Step and Bora dominating IMO
Neither have GC chances to protect, so it will be all guns blazing I think.
Of the GC guys, it will be interesting. Nibali rides cobbles well. Dumoulin should be fine, but I fear for the lighter riders.