The Pro Cycling Thread

Magnus Cort wins for Astana, he’s a very fine rider. Pity MS couldn’t hold on to him.

Moscon, the slime, is kicked out for punching another rider.

After the previous incident, will Sky follow up and sack him?

I was somewhat surprised by Cort’s performance to outclimb the climbers. Yes, he is climbing better in 2018 and in fact won a hilly stage of Oman earlier this year. But the fact is he couldnt carry this climbing form into the bergs at the Belgian Classics and lead the Tour of Yorkshire into the final day until suffering on the short climbs and lost the GC to GVA. Go back further to the 2016 Vuelta in the stage won by Keukeliere and he failed to get over two benign cat 2 climbs. MS wanted to keep Cort but he felt MS wasnt properly developing his capabilities as a classics rider. Cort has made marginal progress this year in the classics.

A.Yates is frustrated that QS would not allow the break to go. It was a good stage for his characteristics and he appears to be back in form. Apparently Nieve is targetting stage 16 and Yates stage 17.

2 Likes

Will add you grab Moscon if available. He can win Paris Roubiax.

MS is missing Trentin at this TDF. He could have been a factor in stage 15.

1 Like

Bouhanni can win you some sprints too, but I wouldn’t have either scumbag on my team.

With Greipel gone what are Lotto waiting for to announce Ewan?

Edit: or does this complicate things …

My information is Trek are interested in Ewan - In saying that Trek have been linked to Porte, Valgren and Ewan and probably can only get two - I am Trek and I go for Ewan and Porte - Valgren is a good rider with two big wins this year in Het Niewsblaad and Amstel Gold - My query is he’s got both his wins with late breakaways in which Astana had numbers - Tony Martin is an excellent fit for Quick Step, while Kittel may be harder to place - I am certain that Kittel is only one year into a two year contract.

1 Like

MS squad for Prueba Villafranca Ordiziaka is S.Yates, Trentin, Edmondson, Juul-Jensen, Verona, Power and Hamilton - MS have pedigree in this one day race winning in 2013 with Teklahaminat and 2016 with S.Yates,

1 Like

Tony Martin has already been at Quickstep - he was a lot more successful there than with the Ruskies.

1 Like

Yates x 2 extend for two more years at Mitchelton Scott.

2 Likes

BMC to Dimension Data
Cervelo to Sunweb
Giant to CCC

Bike brand musical chairs is weird.

2 Likes

Howson out of the TdF.

Farmer’s protest has stopped racing on the stage.
Tear gas has affected some riders.
Where Hinault when you need to sort things out? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Somebody already claimed that road? #carcasonne

2 Likes

Liked.

And banned.

2 Likes

That was a silly crash by Howson which brought down four other riders including Pauwels who broke his elbow - Disappointing because Howson could have played an important role in stage wins for Nieve or A.Yates.

Anyway a break eventually got away after 102 kms - They have 4 1/2 minutes with 106 kms to go - MS have Hayman and Yates in the 43 rider group - Gotta say Hayman has ridden exceptionally well in this TDF.

This has been a hard ridden stage so far, much like a few stages of this year’s Giro - Let’s see how strong Sky are in the climbs.

1 Like

As suggested a week or two ago, Chaves is not riding the Vuelta - According to White he is still suffering illness from the Giro, though he has still has an entry for the Tour of Utah.

Oooooooooh ■■■■.

I squealed like a little girl as he locked up.

1 Like

Please don’t crash again.

He was probably going to pull out till he hit the centreline.