The Pro Cycling Thread

Tuft and Hayman surely done.
I’d say Alba is touch and go, a great servant of the team.
I’d be surprised if the others don’t get extensions, although I’d have a question mark about Durbo.

There is a chance Hayman may ride on if there are no suitable transfer targets as this has been a challenging period for MS…

Neil Stephens no longer at Mitchelton Scott due to a difference in philosophies - Thought something was up when he wasn’t at the Vuelta - His tactical acumen will be missed.

Interesting.

Anything to do with the Ewan departure?

I have no idea - Can say that Stephens was never particularly fond of sprinters and sometimes wouldn’t allowthem to contest a final - I’ll see if I can find out information, though the term ‘philosophical differences’ can be interpreted in many different ways.

Viviani wins stage 10 of the Vuelta from Sagan and Nizzolo, while Yats is still in red - Alaphalippe wins stage three of the TOB from Bevin - Ewan was the only sprinter to make the final but had no legs at the finish -Disappointingly for Meyer he’s again been denied the leaders jersey on countback to Bevin.

De Marchi wins the stage from the breakaway in a brutal stage - It took more than 100 kms for the break of 19 riders to go which included Pinot - MS had Haig in the break who looked super strong and was a chance to win the stage but yet Haig was called back with 20 kms to go when Yates was safely in the peleton - Surprisingly Rob Power has been signed by Team Sunweb - He’s done well to get another WT contract.

I’m not really surprised that Power got another gig. He’s been disappointing for sure, but showed enough at the Strade Biache that he’s worth a punt elsewhere.
Lets see what happens with Edmonson.

Edmondson is staying with the team.

I make it they have 16 under contract next year, with 8 yet to be determined (including Tuft who we know is retiring).
Even if they resigned all 7 (and I doubt they will), they’re one or two short I think.
If Edo is staying it’s 17 and 6 TBD

It’s been a frustrating transfer period for MS - They though they had Bevin which fell through at the last minute and were close for one or two others - Riders under contract are Yates x 2, Impey, Chaves, Schultz, Scotson, Stannard, Bauer,Haig, Hamilton, Hepburn, Mezgec, Meyer, Nieve,Trentin and you can add Trentin.

I had trentin. Brookwalter goes on to that list.
Just going by the list on procycling stats (for 2019)

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/mitchelton-scott-2019

and

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/mitchelton-scott-2019/transfers

You are right. Bookwalter makes 17.

Have to laugh at Movistar winging about MS not chasing the breakaway.
Did they not notice that Haig was in the break for precisely that reason?

And the other teams like Astana/Lotto NLM Jumbo need to help in the chase,seeing they all have contenders chasing the GC.

Geniez wins, Herrada into red as the GC teams cared little for the action.
Tonight is the first real test, a mighty wall averaging 15% for the last 3km, plenty of pinches beyond 20%.

Matthews wins Quebec in a drag race with GVA.

Rodriguez from Euskadi wins stage 13. Yates and Quintana sprint clear of the rest of the GC riders, Quintana gaining 6 seconds on Yates.
Another tough night coming up.

Kreuziger was super strong at Quebec - he should be the protected rider at Montreal - And S.Yates wins stage of the Vuelta from Lopez and Valverde - A patient ride by Yates who is now in the red.

Matthews gets the Canadian double header with a win in Montreal.
Ewan wins the last stage of ToB, in probably his last MS race
Pinot launches a perfectly timed attack to win on the Covadonga, MA Lopez 2nd, Yates 3rd, with a rest day before the TT tomorrow.