The Pro Cycling Thread

Simon Yates and Haig riding Giro dell’Emilia; which suggest they’ll be riding Lombardia.

MS team, which I think will be almost the same for Lombardia:
Michael Albasini - (SUI, 37)
Jack Haig - (AUS, 24)
Roman Kreuziger - (CZE 31)
Robert Power - (AUS, 23)
Carlos Verona - (ESP, 25)
Lucas Hamilton - (AUS 22)
Simon Yates – (GB, 25)

They will switch riders for the five Italian races - Three favor climbers and two sprinters - A.Yates is riding Milan Torino and Lombardia.

2022 World Championships will be in Wollongong - Will be interesting to see how challenging a course the organisers can devise.

3 Likes

MS Squad for the Hammer Series HK is Trentin,Meyer,Kluge, Mezgec, Hamilton and Bewley - Thought Edmondson and Hepburn may have got a ride - Will be there with ‘Bells On’. This is the team that will also ride the Tour of Guangxi - Looks like I will be in Adelaide for the first two stages of the TDU 2019.

So Bradley McGee claims that Porte was not on the long list for the World’s but only came into the reckoning after he crashed at the TDF - So Porte goes from not being in the long list to the team leader out of the blue - It’s no wonder I’ve never rated McGee in his role.

And Stannard wins Piccolo Lombardia in the MS Conti’s team in their last race in Europe - Stannard will ride one of the Italian fall races this week.

2 Likes

And Grmay joins MS for two years beginning 2019. He is a decent rider who can support the team leaders.

This move suggests that one of the group of five uncontracted MS riders may not be around in 2019.

Useful climber / domestique.

And Skuijn outsprints Pinot and Kennaugh from a small group to win Varesine - Had Power showed more patience he could have finished in the final group - Stannard found his first day hard finishing 10 minutes behind - Milan/Torino today.

Pinot and Nibali attack on the third last climb with 45 kms to go and fight out the finish until Pinot drops Nibali on top of the second last climb and wins by 32 seconds with Teuns winning the sprint for third - Off to Hammer HK tomorrow.

Richie Porte late for the start of Hammer HK. What a joke.

Porte dropped 2kms into the TTT.

1 Like

Cadel Evans lead commentator for Hammer HK.

MS won the sprint.

We were eating Tapas 200 metres from the start line, when all of a sudden Porte was ushered through the crowd just as the starting gun was fired - Seriously bad.

1 Like

Wife is happy as she got a pic with Dumoulin.

2 Likes

i am MS And i consider Eduard Prades who today won the Tour of Turkey. He is WT level. And i consider Ben Swift that what he has shown in the last two years.

Trentin wins stage 5 Tour of Guangxi
Moscon continues to lead (I think he will hold onto the GC now).

Good win by Trentin who has found his legs since the Vuelta - This should set him up for 2019 - Is it my imagination ? Are the final roster spots on WT teams being settled later than ever ?