The Pro Cycling Thread

That last 100m was brutal.

Transitional stage tonight, for the sprinters you’d assume.
If there’s a stage Groenewegen should win, this is it. Ewan and Viviani should be in the mix.

Good opportunity for MS to get Impey. TRENtin or Haig into breaks on stage 8 and 9.

1 Like

yes, 8 & 9 look ideal for breakaways.

How the fk does Thomas’ bike snap in half without him getting injured? Incredible

Stage 9 thought might be boring but far from it last ten kms allaphilipe and Pinot breakaway almost catch De Gent who had been away all day and won, but Alaphillipe gets yellow jersey and Pinot moves up to third overall.

Matthews wins the bunch sprint for 4th place.

Woods crashed and then team ineos crashes into him slowly everyone hoping off bikes. Think Thomas bike snapped In Half he just borrowed a teammates and carried on.

1 Like

Interesting chat on the move podcast about keytones.
Saying that 70% of peloton using them. In drink bottles.

And the stage allaphillipe won the other day he went to the back of the peleton tonget bottles before he took off the front and blitzed everyone.

Lots of riders a bit ■■■■■■, because it appears Alaphillipe and Pinot were motor paced by a motorcycle that gave them a decisive advantage on last night stage.

After that “split” that have Pinot 5 seconds earlier in the race, it appears the organisers are doing everything they can to advantage their countrymen.

We were hoping for a stage victory for Lutsenko or myself, or that I could gain some time in the standings," said Fuglsang. "I just missed out as the two Frenchmen followed the [motor]bike over the top. So even though we were part of the lead group behind, we couldn’t catch them.

“Yes [they got help], we could see that when we sat down behind. We can see that they’re behind the motorcycle. I was a little surprised at that moment when they attacked. I should not have been so far up but should have instead been further back and closer to them. But that’s how it is.”

AE Team Emirates leader Dan Martin and Trek-Segafredo’s Bauke Mollema later added their voices to the chorus of disapproval, with Mollema saying that the alleged slipstreaming changed the course of the race.

“It’s really ridiculous,” Mollema said to Sporza . "I talked to the race jury on the way, because the television bike was in front of the peloton for one second the whole time. In a descent, that’s a big difference.

Armstrong thinks that the attack and the big effort a couple of days ago should catch up with allaphillipe.

I think he should hold the yellow to about stage 14.
He’ll struggle in the high mountains.
I think.

I’m just hoping Ritchie survives stage 9.

1 Like

It’s 50/50 that Alaphalippe will keep the jersey after the ITT as he’s decent in this discipline - The race has been interesting because the organisers have provided a good route - The first week in every G/T should include one mountain stage and two or three semi-mountainous or rolling stages - Noticed that Impey sat up today, so expect he will try to get into today’s break - I suspect Ineos are riding defensively AGAIN waiting for the ITT - I have a suspicion that one rider will have a big stage and take 1 1/2 minutes and probably the TDF.

2 Likes

was moscons bike that split in half

1 Like

Yep
Woods took out Thomas and Moscon and Thomas landed on Moscon’s bike.

2 Likes
1 Like

You got your wish. He’s in the break, as is Simon Clarke and a host of very handy riders.

De Marchi had a very nasty crash, and is off to hospital

Good call by Yaco!

2 Likes

Richie survives stage 9. Followed the move by Bardet comfortably

3 Likes

Tonight’s stage, the last before the first rest day, should be a sprinters day.
With sprint stages running out, there’s too much interest from the sprinters teams to let the break take this one.

1 Like

Would love for Ewan to get a stage.

Lotto Soudal having a good tour so far.

liked that ritchie went with Bardet, his legs must be feeling good.
bit annoying they got pulled back by the peleton, but i guess they would have been caught anyway and he survived the stage :slight_smile:

1 Like