The Pro Cycling Thread

The plan was to have two or three riders in the break - Durbo against 16 was never going to work - Durbo is also thinking of the ITT on Tuesday.

1 Like

my mate saw him riding down here around christmas, his partner is from Tassie.

This morning the sports journo ABC radio Melbourne gets in a last minute reference to Chapman’s win in the National road cycling champs being run at Buninyong.
That’s it. Meanwhile ABC TV runs with the tennis, cricket and local basketball comps. Not a mention of cycling.
Sports Ministers should remind ABC to respect its Charter.

1 Like

His partner is Georgia Baker of Team Jayco/Alula - Think Baker was tasmanian female sportswomen of the year,

TT day at the RoadNats

Brown wins the womens in no surprise.
Carnes with the U23 womens title.

1 Like

Elite mens results.
Plapp dropped his chain.

1 Like

For only the second time ( 2015 ) since the advent of Team Jayco Alula they have failed to win one of the mens or womens RR or ITT - They will be rueing the men’s RR.

No surprise to see Vine win the ITT as he has the power numbers to do well in this discipline.

1 Like

Simon Clarke tests positive for COVID - Should be right for the TDU if he tests negative by Sunday - It seems like this will be the UCI rule in 2023, unless you have one of those high tech machines that prove you have a low viral road - I’m not happy with CA allowing Renshaw to play with COVID.

1 Like

Pinot to retire after this season.

1 Like

Positive tests in cycling not what they once were!!

1 Like

CA?

Edit: ah Cricket Australia. When does all the testing and what not end…? I would like to place /covid on ignore.

Jayco had the team presentation today which you can find on You Tube - Interesting that the rider being interviewed was Michael Hepburn who along with Luka Mezgec is the ‘heart and soul’ of the team.

Pretty sure we say Rudy Porter or Blake Quick in full Jayco AlUla 2023 kit, Giant & all the fruit bike on beach rd here in Melbourne today. Which is interesting because the full team presentation was in Adelaide yesterday at 5pm.

The team presentation only included the TDU teams. Think Quick and Porter go to Europe next week.

1 Like

Pikalik of Poland wins the stage one sprint from Copponi and Baker - Team Jayco with the strongest sprint train by far stuffed up the final by going too early.

1 Like

Alex Manly wins stage 2. Spratt took some catching.

1 Like

A well-constructed team effort from Jayco Alula - Reckon, Spratt is still a chance to win the GC - I don’t understand why Team Jayco let Georgia Williams go and instead kept Jess Allen - It’s disappointing that only 6 WT teams came for the TDU - I wasn’t expecting all 15 teams BUT thought 9 or 10 teams would have made the start line.

Grace Brown beats Amanda Spratt in a 2-up sprint.
Brown also takes the GC win.

1 Like

Raining in the men’s prologue for the TDU
The first 5 or so got though before it got wet, and it’s no surprise the fastest times have come from that group.
Hard to see anyone challenging the early times now.