The punt gets players again

Who the ■■■■ is Lachie Hunter?

Sounds made up to me…

Lachie Hunter? More like Lachie Punter, am I right?

Quoted Post

Wait... A bunch of practice games where the result is totally irrelevant, yet where betting is not just allowed, not just advertised ten times every ad break, but fully integrated into the televised broadcast... They're saying that one of those games may have been rigged?

Now I’ve heard everything.

Hey AFL, might be time to address the real cancer that surrounds and threatens the sport… I bet you don’t though.

Spot…farking…on PP.

Wasn’t the main gist of the ACC report more to do with organised crime infiltrating professional sport with matchfixing moreso than PEDs?

The way I understood it was that they were worried that the crime gangs would use PEDs to blackmail clubs into throwing matches. The bigger issue having to do with matchfixing initially.

And yeah, you’re right, I too have been farkin rather curious as to why there has been betting on a bunch of scratch matches where they aren’t even playing for a prize anymore.

The AFL and their ties to betting agencies is what should really be thoroughly investigated.

Even if this bloke is relatively unknown, the more this information starts comming out, hopefully it can sway the opinion of the general population/nuffies.

More concerned about this bit

"While the integrity team is investigating the matter, the Bulldogs have been requested by the league to defer their own inquiries until an AFL investigation is completed.

The club also notified the chair of its own ethics and integrity sub-committee of the league’s betting probe and the sub-committee has also agreed to defer its probe."

‘Leave out the boys we don’t want…’

Should be a life ban

This…is Lachie Phil.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Lachie Hunter? More like Lachie Punter, am I right?

Or Unlachie Hunter.

Or Unlachie Punter?

From memory, wasn’t Dean Wallis banned for something like 6 months for betting on EFC to win when he was an assistant coach?

Surely anyone who bets on their team to LOSE should be sanctioned much, much more heavily…

heath Shaw got 8 weeks for a $5 bet on first goal

they’ve got to make money somehow

14 weeks (6 suspended) conveniently the suspension ended in time to play finals.
&
$20,000 fine.

Yeah but Footscray don’t play finals.

Quoted Post

14 weeks (6 suspended) conveniently the suspension ended in time to play finals. & $20,000 fine.

Yeah that’s right. Think he missed the qualifying final but was back in time for the prelim.

Betting on your team to lose is clearly waaaay worse than betting on first goal, but at the same time it’s still only NAB cup.

Quoted Post

From memory, wasn't Dean Wallis banned for something like 6 months for betting on EFC to win when he was an assistant coach?

Surely anyone who bets on their team to LOSE should be sanctioned much, much more heavily…

If you’re looking for precedent, Heath Shaw was suspended for eight weeks (with a further six suspended) and fined $20K.
Maxwell was fined $10K for his family backing him to kick the first goal.

And Doug Fraser and Angus Lang were suspended for five years for match-fixing in 1910.
Fark Carlton.

Quoted Post

And Doug Fraser and Angus Lang were suspended for five years for match-fixing in 1910. Fark Carlton.

I approve of this post.

Best news ive heard all day.

Fold and die bulldogs

Hey! Check it out guys…

The Doggies are getting the blurred training pics treatment on Fox Sports News just like we had been for two years.

My my, haven’t they finally joined highly esteemed company?

Probably not a blurred picture, just the quality of the camera the Bulldogs provided.

How freaking mentally deficient must a player be who still partakes in betting on football.

#postlikeyaco

Probably a club sanctioned bet to help pay crameri.
Now unlike the freo scandal, this IS good news indeed, I work with a dogs supporter…