The recruit

it seems that Goss played VFL with us on the weekend...

Is now on our list. Did not play, was not named.

He was another old xav?

He is an Old Xav. Same year as Paddy Ambrose, Dan Hannebery, Alex Johnson etc.
Is now on the Essendon VFL list but has been out injured for 6 or 7 weeks.

Hmmm, maybe he was the winner? I'd say the show is over with its filming

You could say that they filmed it back in February/March. By doing that you also give recruiters a chance to watch guys they like for a full season at whatever club they're at.

Btw, they don't have a winner yet, it is like most reality shows with a live finale, you cut the group down to a certain point, make them wait a few months and then reveal the winner on the night.

Couldn't help but like Waylen… 

He's a pretty fascinating picture of the boys who get drafted from NT/WA and then return home not long after. Folks are all like "but what about this great OPPORTUNITY to play in the big smoke" etc etc etc, completely ignoring that the simple pleasures of kicking a footy and chasing biddies are all they've ever known as a young lad and they might not yearn for more than that.

I like the kid and hope he ends up doing what he wants to do, whatever that is.

The first segment with them running the bricks was shot April 7

One bloke has to leave due to injury on episode five

Seen the nauseating adverts for this rubbish non stop on fox. Who at any age would want Voss as a coach mentor?

I haven’t seen it yet. So, how does it work as far as the winner getting a contract?

I assume it’s rookie B list, but who has first dibs? And what if nobody wants them?

Gossy is on here I think? He was on the other BT forum.

SRS?
I liked Gossy.
Bring in Manson, benfti special written all over him.

They are currently down to three finalists

Love the show.
Goss, Wagner and Waylan are my favourites.

Wagner cant get a kick in the SANFL, has been playing SANFL reserves and had a couple of half decent games but is miles off AFL standard IMO

As I stated in the VFL thread -

Goss was a team mate of Ambrose at Xavs and is best mates with Dan Hannebury. He won the Premier Section goal kicking in the Ammos last year with 73 goals.

Also he is on The Recruit which premieres this evening on Fox 8.

Has a great knack for a goal. Personally I am surprised that he could get the scales to read 77kg!

Also a spoiler:

[spoiler]He doesn't win. He finishes 4th from what I understand.[/spoiler]

If Waylen does win, it should start a template for clubs to be able to Rookie B list remote community kids.

■■■■ the tv show. it would solve a massive problem

Clearly some people on here have 'insider info' but I was really skeptical about it. Why give someone a contract for winning a TV show when there a guys who work hard and go through the right avenues and miss out. I was wrong. There's some genuine talent there. Didn't like the amount of times Waylen mentioned the word 'quit' but he's clearly incredibly talented and has natural ability. 

Didn't like the guy that won the brick race. Too much arrogance. Thought I'd seen the Goss guy somewhere too. Anyway, good show, I'll watch again next week

I think someone pointed it out earlier but they do this with the round ball football for 3 seasons.

1 Winner got a contract with Sydney FC and played Youth League and didn't get a first team run.

1 Winner got a contract with Melbourne Victory and played a few games including a champions league game.

1 Winner got a contract with Brisbane Roar and played youth league and didn't get a first team run.

DJ is up himself…

Newsflash. There was a reason why clubs didn’t like your attitude and you weren’t recruited.

DJ is up himself..
Newsflash. There was a reason why clubs didn't like your attitude and you weren't recruited.

How you come across on TV and how you actually are can be poles apart.
Just saying.

Saw essendon scouts in the stand on the recruit… hope they look at Manson

Was it a nice tracksuit?

DJ is up himself..
Newsflash. There was a reason why clubs didn't like your attitude and you weren't recruited.

How you come across on TV and how you actually are can be poles apart.
Just saying.
Correct, have a mate currently doing interviews to be on "the Block" and he was told by the show that he was too quite and nice and the viewers dont want this. Was told people want to see arrogant and controvesial people on these shows.

Saw essendon scouts in the stand on the recruit.. hope they look at Manson

You saw a bloke wearing an Essendon tracksuit.

Who was Merv Keane, who is in fact, an Essendon scout

GET BIG PAT TO MENTOR THE BIG INDIG BLOKE