The Reigning Dj King! is @frankston_bomber2005

10-nil…

Jeepers, didn’t expect that.

Another song less than 3 years old (a thread first?) - from the genre that could well be called GeekPop.

I loved this the first time I heard even part of it. Mainly cos when I was about 11 I found a book in the local library about the apollo missions with lots of control room transcripts. They used these names all through the book and a lot of the comments were funny - little in-jokes and quips - so each of these titles became a real character in the book.

Anyway let’s get some crowd participation happening. Instead of Yes / No, I want Go / NoGo for whether I continue or abort the mission. And give yourself a name of your choosing. So I would be KFC which goes to Kiffsie. Therefore my call decision would be Kiffsie: Go

OK, lets go round the room, give me your Go / NoGo for whether I continue spinning …

Funfact: Here is control room layout with description of each of the desk positions

1 Like

Vision: GO

That was fantastic. I am old enough to remember the moon landing. We were all gathered together in the library at primary school to watch it on a tiny black and white TV. I’ve been a moon geek ever since.

One of the best places I’ve visited anywhere is Cape Canaveral in Florida. A space shuttle was on its launch pad and went to space shortly after my visit. In a huge hanger is an entire Saturn V rocket, that was built but never sent to the moon.

The courage of those early space pioneers cannot be emphasised enough. Tin cans held together with duct tape, strapped on top of a bomb. That’s bravery.

Nice bass & drum sounds.
CHEF: Go

I didn’t have time to listen to the whole thing, but liked what I heard.

Yes to Go.

You should check out the whole album on Youtube - search for “public service broadcasting the race for space full album”

1 Like

I liked the music, but wanted the voice samples to stop. I’m teetering, but I think no this time. Might go listen to some Man Or Astro-Man? or Trans Am instead.

Salami : GO

Saw these guys at Womad this year.

YES. Amazing.

Sparky: GO

Penos: No Go

As an aside, a lot of DJs, myself included, have gone with preambles explaining, hyping, and selling their choices. I’m gonna do my best to ignore these from now on, listen to the tune first and judge without influence, then see what you’ve got to say about it. Just a personal choice!

I’m happy to take your vote, but I think this is to the previous song?

So geeky. Go.

FrostO: Go

Speedy : GO

Only I can come up with stupid rules: no

Security:go

Ivan: go

1 Like

I’ll say yes more or less based on the fact it’s a rare song in this thead from the last decade or so. But yeah, it’s decent.