The Reigning Dj King! is @frankston_bomber2005

I liked it enough, so yes. As Mr Jez mentioned the samples were an overkill and someone Trans Am is a preference but I thought this was decent.

Sampling and so forth is fine, but you don’t wanna over do it, definitley felt overkill by the end.

Clearly not a Mr Floppy fan.

There is no such thing as sampling overkill :slight_smile:

OK, I think that is defs more than 10 even not counting Ant. Thank you, the mission continues …

I did a count - thread has 77 songs in 23 days, so we are running at nearly 3.5 songs a day which is solid I think.

A 3rd in a row from this decade. Probably a big risk to go back to the Tuareg well - but this seems perfect for a sunny autumn afternoon. Better to flame out than to fade away.

It is with great trepidation that I push this gentle little newspaper boat out into the raging torrents of Blitz approbation …

Funfacts:

1. Tuareg women’s music is different from Tuareg men’s - much more chanty and hypnotic, maybe even trancy.
  2. The song is called tende, the style is called tende - both after the tende percussion instrument in this clip - an inflated goatskin floating on water. This resonates so much they think they don’t need a bass.
  3. Tuareg are muslim, but a weird women focused version. Lots of music, men wear veils, women don’t. Unmarried girls can sleep with as many men as they want before marriage (as long as it only happens at night). In a marriage women own the tent and all the animals - which she keeps if there is a divorce.
  4. The next place for ISIS to pop up after being pushed out of Syria is likely to be sub-saharan Africa - so it will be interesting to see what effect the anti-music anti-women extremists have on the Tuareg.

Skin drum > Skinhead. Yes

No to this one.

Sastanàqqàm was a big YES from me.
Go! was a tentative yes…a bit too repetative, though a nice vibe.
Les Filles de Illighadad - Tende - YES - hypnotic, enchanting. Nice one.

Pleasant enough, but just didn’t grab me unfortunately.
No.

I mean, I can appreciate the musical talent on display…

It’s just that this appears to be the wrong nightclub for me.

No.

2 Likes

No. Liked the guitar and the idea where you’ve taken the set.

No.

Just want to say this is a huge generalisation.

Anyway, its a nice change of pace. Yes from me.

Yes obviously … I meant Tuareg men v Tuareg women not everyone.

Ok, that makes sense. Sorry must have misread it.

no you read it correctly, I should have been clearer

1 Like

Nah

Truth be told I prefer the ladies over the men…Yes from me

Wait that doesn’t sound right…in the interests of staying PC I made that statement in reference to the differing musical styles as mentioned previously.

No. It’s not for me.

7-4? In favour of no

Which would be 4-7, No?

1 Like