The Reigning Dj King! is @frankston_bomber2005

Thanks for the nom @barnz and I enjoyed your set

I haven’t been fielding in this thread for perhaps as long as i would have required my sister to in the backyard back in the day so any grievances regarding my taking strike should be referred to @Mendozaaaa

I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth though.

It would be remiss of me to start with anything other than the band I’ve listened to more than any other. There is plenty of sonic that would likely see me ripped from the decks straight away. On the other hand they have their fair share of crowd pleasers. This is an old classic that i feel falls somewhere in between.

1 Like

Actually now seems appropriate for the first game song though I hope it isn’t prescient

1 Like

It’s the game day thread song.

Not really a Sonic Youth fan, but this has a real Go-Betweens feel to it, and I like them.
So, yes.

No pressure @Ivan, but CrazyBomber is the poster with most posts in thread but who hasn’t had a spin as dj. So your mission is to protect us from byerrk as long as you can.

Yes to sonic youth.

2 Likes

Good lead off track to a solid album. Yes

1 Like

That’s a medium-sized yes from me.

Didn’t like it. But, hadn’t heard it before. Yes.

Ivan, thread will lull you in with lots or early yes votes, then stick the knives in once you’re comfortable. We turn faster than a Fark Carlton supporter on Bryce Gibbs.

Yes from me, naturally. Now where’s me knives?

4 Likes

@Diggers update thread title

I feel bad. I was getting distracted by footy talk and neglected the real thread.

Yes!

2 Likes

Yes.

Been busy and missed the last few DJ’s will do a review after the fact I think. Looked like some good music.

thats a no from me

Nup. Never liked 'em.

Sums up the match pretty well.

That’s a yes, still enjoy the No wave to Bad Moon, Evol, Sister and Daydream period. Grew up on it and unlike some things you accumulated as a teenager, this hasn’t aged badly in my mind unlike some stuff you only still can put up with for nostalgic reasons.

Was contemplating playing something from Daydream Nation the other day, way down the food chain though.

1 Like

A pass - yes.

If I do I promise I won’t do Bjork…first.

Especially considering I just got back from Essendon winning and I’m in a good mood.

I’ll be honest I don’t recall hearing that song before, and I reckon if it didn’t say Sonic Youth it’d sound like any other high production garage band going around. I feel like the song doesn’t really go anywhere or reach much heights or do anything overly interesting. Keep in mind tho this was before my generation so I’m basically hearing from it with fresh ears and don’t quite get it. I can appreciate music you listened to at certain points holding more value than what it’d normally have, or maybe I just never got SY.

So that’s a no for mine.

1 Like

I was around at the time, and I didn’t get it. Nay.

Double check, but @ivan may have reached 10.