The Reigning Dj King! is @frankston_bomber2005

The older I have gotten the bigger fan I’ve become of female singer song writers, cat Power, Fiona Apple, kate Nash, Regina Spector. One lass though has a special place in my heart. After a gig at the forum she signed my ex girlfriend’s boob (not ex at the relevant time) and addressed it to me, “hey ivan, suck on this —>”.

1 Like

I count 10 but I actually didn’t mean to post that. I meant to ask for a score review from @diggers

‘opps didn’t mean to’

1 Like

The danger of leaving something in draft

I counted 10.

That’s a yes from me on the latest. Haven’t heard it before but I’m a fan of Cat Power etc and she has a nice voice and the song is melodic enough.

I’ve known her name but never listened to Martha before. I like the slight husk in her voice. The swearing kind of soured it for me, I thought it cheapened the song at a point it was elevating. But I’ll give it a yes, it was a good listen.

I believe the song is about her estranged father

I liked the frail emotional state of her resorting to calling him a ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■. It’s come from a real place, and shows her bare bones feeling. I dunno, swearing in songs is tricky, sometimes it works sometimes it almost feels for show.

1 Like

That’s a yes from me

My mum spells Oops, like that. Are you my mum barnz?

1 Like

Shut up son also mum is now your daddy

1 Like

Yes.

Thread needs more music like that.

I liked it, it was raw. But the swearing didn’t suit.

Might have just been me, but she sounded like she had a different accent in that bit. Like an old wog swearing at someone who’s just done something wrong to them.

Yes.

Yep. Liking it. Something about a three chord acoustic guitar song. You’ve got to get it right. I do agree, however, that the swearing undoes it a bit, but at least it has a target.

I got 10x also. All good.

That was a terrific song. Got me in a slightly melancholy moment. Resounding YES.

1 Like

I like her but not that song. No from me.

Wait, this thread is still a thing?

Oh well, in that case, yes.

All the Wainrights get a bit personal and preachy … but I’ll take raw emotion over sanitised and bruise free button pushing all the time. Yes

Great voice but her music has never really clicked with me, no.