The Reigning Dj King! is @frankston_bomber2005

In the interest of fairness and equality - I’ll ignore the 2nd clip.

I’m into raw stuff. One person, an instrument and a crowd. I think I’d vote Yes for just about anything in this format. So Yes. Incidentally, my first guitar was a 12-string - bought at 14, with my saved up first 3 wage packets.

I actually considered throwing them up here. The new incarnation is 10x better than the earlier lot. I find it weird the guy who does “do the Hawk” is a financial journalist for the WSJ. His resume must look weird…

1 Like

Yes to Sinead.

“It’s been seven hours and a COUPLA DAYS”

• Sinead O’Con the Fruiterer (from @demilardner)
1 Like

That is 9. Another yes in the next hour and I can queue up another track before heading off until this arvo.

But since I may be out for a while and votes may be slow I should nominate my successor. The poster with most posts in this thread yet to have a spin is @barnz - so I nominate him as next up. Be careful what you wish for.

1 Like

I’ll go with yes so spin up the next track

1 Like

Yes.

For a period, a mate of mine was obsessed with the idea of owning the music to that song just for ■■■■■ and giggles. He even called up APRA and asked a woman to look it up, she even took the enquiry seriously. The rights were around $500 and owned by the writers C.Hay and the estate of G.Ham.

Tuareg guitars have been a staple at Casa KFC for the last few years.

Here is something from last year to nourish your inner desert nomad …

Funfacts:

1. Tuareg live in sub-saharan Africa and these are the people who when taken to US as slaves kept playing their tribal music and it morphed into the blues.
  2. This band were in Melbourne last week.
  3. A bass player! It is probs easier to get a Brazilian to play goal keeper, than a Tuareg to play bass as they don’t have a bass instrument in their traditional music. However, this guy rips it up in the 2nd half of the song. Good to finally see a Tuareg bringing the same rhythm and dexterity to bass as they do to guitars.
  4. Yeah I’m gonna keep swingin’ till you stop me
1 Like

The ■■■■ who bought “kookaburra sits in the old gum tree” off the girl guides reckoned a Hay/Ham song was worth somewhere in the millions!

Guy with the white LP is playing it hendrix style, right handed guit upside down.

Yes from me. Good groove.

I didn’t like it. But it’s interesting. Yes.

Unfortunately.

This was actually before that happened, you buy a song like Coupla Days out of love, until your fiancé reminds you “We’ve got to plan for a wedding”

Correction, couldn’t have been if it was estate.

A very left-field selection. Full marks for that.
Sounded like an infinitely more interesting John Butler, without lyrics about trees, incense and dream-catchers (or maybe they are, and I just don’t know it… obvs).
Would I buy it? Maybe not. But I listened to it all the way through, and it didn’t have me reaching for the stop button.
Yes.

2 Likes

Thanks for showing me something different. It was only ok as a song I thought, but yes for going out there.

Something different… Yes.

Yes.

That was pretty good. Yes.

I agree with Bakes. It’s like John Butler without all the wankoff. Yes.

1 Like

Yes. Interesting and enjoyable. Thanks.

YES

I liked that.