The Reigning Dj King! is @frankston_bomber2005

No. Sorry

It is on Youtube, just not with the same clip - @hambo

1 Like

thats a no from me.

Never heard it before, but it really captures the romance vs reality of becoming a rock n roll star.
I’ll have to say Yes.

Thanks, I can do the youtube one. 50/50 on that song, the vocal was kind of sucky but the music was strong enough to get it over the line. Yes.

There is a grey space in this thread defined by song vs or that includes a film clip. There’s heaps of stuff that doesn’t have a clip that I overlooked, and also songs that seem to have gotten over the line on the ‘strength’ of their clip, rather than the music. There are definitely clips that variously enhance, undermine, or save the quality of the music. I guess that’s up to the DJ in the end. Next time, if there is a next time, I’ll focus less on the clips than the music I think.

Yep, that’s pretty good.

Yeah, there’s something kinda quaint about a band’s first proper single having such a jaded lyric…

@BAAKKEERRRR has the audience’s attention. Fine set so far. Next installment, please…

So, who wrote The Cardigans off as a lounge-act based on Lovefool? Despite the fact I fancied Nina something fierce from its video, I didn’t like the song much and wasn’t convinced I was doing the right thing by agreeing to see them with a friend at The Prince Of Wales in St Kilda.
Other than noticing that Nina was even better looking in person (tall, slim, perfect skin… I should stop…), I found they were far rockier than I was expecting and had a clutch of pretty good tunes. I later bought the album, and then a few after that. They’re far better than any of their bigger hits ever let on.
While some of their ballads are achingly beautiful, I went with this one because it pushes their rock side, and has one of the most ragged and frenzied guitar solos you’re ever likely to hear on a pop-rock song.

Not my favourite Cardigans number but not bad. Yes.

Meh. Not sure I’ll remember that ten minutes from now. No

I’m thinking that I will try to repost the setlist at the point of crossover between the dethroned and newly appointed king. That way there’s a point of reference for the new DJ, making sure there aren’t repetitions, etc., as well as a history of the thread itself, if that makes sense.

Or else @Diggers, or whoever is around, can cut, edit and paste the list with new additions etc.

Yeah?

Also, @BAAKKEERRRR has equalled the longest reign with the Cardigans. Will he set the record?

I once worked with a guy who spent heaps of time trying to convince me that there is ‘way more to The Cardigans’ than the average punter thinks.

He never convinced me, and sorry, neither did this.

No.

No.

It’s interesting the way periods of music end up being defined by a particular vocal style, or even the intervals the singers come to use in their melodies, as much as anything.

Also, is some of that film clip made at George Harrison’s joint? Friar Park of whatever? Looks a lot like it either way.

Finally, despite the raw solo, it didn’t hold my attention. No.

Stacy’s Mom
Has got it goin on
Shes all I want
And i’ve waited for soooo long

2 Likes

Not quite feeling it, I’ve heard an array of their stuff but solo aside, track just doesn’t quite grab me enough. It did a good job of blanketing the pinot gris fuelled, squawking and gossip coming from the apartment upstairs. Should’ve played a 23 minute prog track. :wink: No.

Love the Cardigans. Yes

Oh oh…

No. Although, sound quality was ordinary on that clip - may have been a better song with cleaner audio. But no.