The Reigning Dj King! is @frankston_bomber2005

Doesn’t work for me. No.

NO from me.

Yes

10 - 4 by my count.

IMG_2322

Solid start from @Slowstu. What’s next?

Well, how long would you honestly expect to get if you played side two of “Metal Machine Music”?

Sorry it’s taken a while to post song 2 but the clue should be in the name…

Alright made it through the first so my goal has been achieved so let’s dip our toes into an underrepresented genre, hip hop

Was tossing up which way to go but decided to play it a bit safe and go more commercial, it will probably cost me the gig in but this one often finds itself on rotation at my house.

Nup

IMG_2331

Although she’s not of Samoan descent, I have a Cantabrian next to me - if Miss S&S had mad flows (“We need a new bin with a lid”, “a coffayee wud be fentestuck!” “Ken you brung the cet un, she’s locked eout”) they wouldn’t sound like Scribe’s as I’m lead to believe is from Ch ch too…or up in South Auckland. That doesn’t click with me but the instrumental is super tight and so is his flow, despite my skepticism of his accent. Well played, yes. You deserve to carry on.

1 Like

No no Thank... YOU - Correction Guy

Soooo gangsta. And both tracks very familiar to anyone listening to JJJ from mid 90s on.

No.

'Stu… Nevermind. No.

YES

i got you fam

Not choice, bro. No from me sorry.

That’s a no, sorry

Funnily enough I didn’t listen to JJJ in the 90’s, only started listening to JJJ in the last few years.

Seems commercial grade hip hop is not the way to go, should have gone more hardcore perhaps, 7 no’s and counting, time to start selecting my successor.

I always try really hard to give hip hop a shot cos I think maybe it’s not them it’s me. But I just can’t connect with it. It’s the absence of melody and hooks, it’s the posturing, the subject matter. I just can’t, no matter how good the artist is purported to be. No, sorry.

2 Likes

I always liked that track.

Yes.

3 - 8

2 Likes