The Reigning Dj King! is @frankston_bomber2005

10 & out.
Name your DJ.

Clearly this place is all “play 90s nostalgia or get off”

Disappointing.

1 Like

Yep, I played the debut track of an obscure artist from the 80’s and got slammed.

:wink:

4 Likes

No.
70s, 80s and 00s nostalgia is also cool.
So are novelty songs.

1 Like

@Zimmer has been run out of town.

The new DJKING! is…

Fair point.

Nostalgia or novelty.

Hard rock or bust.

Looks like it was the vocal effects that damned me - for what it’s worth Futura, the one I wanted to play was completely instrumental. Anyway, fairly tough crowd. Didn’t even get to play Ghost. I’m tempted to give barnz a run, but it feels like something I’ll be held responsible for, for a long time. So let’s see what @Socks_and_Sandals brings to the tables of turn…

3 Likes

Tried to save you, man.
Harsh.

1 Like

Socks has to play madvilliany at some point doesn’t he. Complete lack of hip hop in the DJ sets thus far.

1 Like

Cheers Zimmer, just got my hands full for the next 45 mins.

I delivered Beastie Boys early on and got murdered. It was as if I had went with Sounds Unlimited Posse. My confidence was dented after that mauling.

5 Likes

I think people were feeling out the thread at the time. I reckon a Beastie Boys track would get through usually.

Now I must go get nostalgic with some Sound Unlimited Posse…

Insane clown posse on the other hand…

1 Like

Still can’t believe the response to that. Brilliant pick.

You’d have thought Beastie Boys would get through most times. Man, was I surprised when it didn’t.

1 Like

I didnt remember so went back, it was “shake your rump” are you kidding me. That’s very very harsh. Beasties have some songs tat are acquired tastes, but that song is rolled gold classic.

1 Like

Really?
I WAS ROBBED!!!

I’ve expanded my set to include some Hippin & a Hoppin music, problem is I’m so confused by what people want I’ll panic and end up playing something by Mariah Carey and get booed off stage. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So far anyone who has strayed to far over the line with RnB or Hip Hop has been crucified.

That is one area this crowd seems to have no tolerance for.