The Reigning DJ King (MK III) is @Koala the King Killing Drop Bear is Simply Irresistible

An example I remember is socks and sandles. He was a great early poster.

Played Madvillan who is widely considered one of the best lyricist of all time.

He got a whole heap of “No It’s C-Rap”.

He shortly after went your not really into my music and drifted away. It’s deffinitly got more open minded lately. Hambo last night is a good example. But if you want people to wait weeks inbeteeen spins and voting we need to be a bit more graceful when they spin.

Zimmer hasnt been in this thread since his last spin.

Socks has been flat out with his studies. That is (I believe) the main reason he stepped away for a bit.

BTW, Socks, I promise a reply PM soon. My bad for the delay.

Others, well, if you are gunna dish it up, you have to be prepared to take it.

p.s. And what I like most about @Crazy_Bomber - is that he serves it up, cops plenty of crap in return, however, he plays on. Thick skin on that bloke and as he has said many times - don’t take everything too seriously. I have learnt plenty from him.

1 Like

I’ll break mine too! If I see a gif in twitter, I can’t seem to copy it? Help?

1 Like

I suppose it’s just know the time and place and poster. I love the put downs and funny posts.

Last night is a good example id allready played 6 songs. Me and you built the beats thing up pretty well. It was fully warranted I copped it. That made it great! I loved reading swoodley and baaker loosing it.

Sometimes the aggression starts too early is the problem.

It’s about knowing when to walk or run. With those who’ve been around long enough in here, I (hopefully) have a fair idea of their likes/dislikes and how far I can go with a knockdown. For newer contributors or first-time spinners, I’ve tried to go a bit easier. I’ve probably failed in that at times, but I’d hate to think that anyone walked away because they took what I said to heart.
Just remember, everyone in here thinks the same thing - their own musical taste is immaculate, and everyone else can go get ■■■■■■…

5 Likes

Anyway, I am all for the proposed changes put forward. And I welcome old punters back and new blood as well.

Agree on CB being good fun.

He’s a unique case though.

1 Like

I’m surprised at the slanderous attacks with regards to my exceedingly well thought out no votes.
If they keep up, I’m outta here (may not be true)

1 Like

Which is why living and dying on a single spin is not ideal, especially when the next go-around may be weeks away.

2 Likes

True

That’s a good point.

Anyone out there wanna vote so we can get a fresh track spinning?

1 Like

Looking at my avatar for another month or so is going to do my head in

1 Like

Just to clarify I include myself in the can be a ■■■■ category :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just general stuff that applies to us all.

This.

The feedback I have received over the journey surrounds the time taken between spins/ entire nomination process itself, as being the main reason many have departed. Just too long to wait. That & the fact that some proposed ideas put forward were sorta ignored. Hopefully, the proposed changes will rectify this problem.

The whole sensitivity to language thing is being exaggerated, so I don’t think any of us in here should feel guilty about anything. There is nothing that can’t be solved via PM anyway.

Personally, I love & welcome the banter in here. Plenty of saltiness, but for the most part, it is directed at the music selections & DJ’s style. I occasionally visit a few other threads, but rush back here. Some of the personal attacks out there are nuts.

9-6

What’s with all the pings? I did say I’d be back after a short break :slight_smile:

Although, I’m not going to read 700+ posts to catch up. Has anything exciting happened in my absence?

Free YES for PP2

@Preliminary_Point2 Spin again!

2 Likes

Yeah, to Kira.

Soz, just thought you would be keen to know that your ideas are being discussed.

Spin ‘er up, Klawdy.

1 Like

Haha got you over the line @Klawdy

Someone change the thread title, I was the DJ ages ago. Welcome back @Kira

1 Like

My bad @Preliminary_Point2

Spin again @Klawdy

1 Like