The Reigning DJ King (MK III) is @Koala the King Killing Drop Bear is Simply Irresistible

Had already made a mental note of that, Good Sir. Was planning to put your name up next.

Was out all day in oppressive mid-30s heat and humidity at my son’s summer festival at his school, so have no idea what I have missed in this thread today.

Smashing a few umeboshi sour drinks now and hope someone will spin some songs soon. I think HAP and Swoods have been nominated.

Is that the same as Umeshu? I like Umeshu.

Slightly different.

Ume = plum in Japanese.

Umeboshi = picked plum. It is super salty. Great during the summer, especially after sweating buckets like I did today.

This.

SY445

2 Likes

Don’t forget the educational number “Roll It On Robbie” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Where’s the friggin’ song?

Give it to Hambo

3 Likes

THIS!

@choppsuey - you still around? Your noms aren’t stepping up into the Sat night prime time slot, so perhaps pass on to another DJ (like @hambo )

Sheet - I am not the KOK anymore…but do I recall something about being a ‘regent’?

Spin 'er up @hambo

1 Like

OK I promised to elevate this to the top of my list. Play loud. Something by boomers reinvented by millenials:

1 Like

OMFG!!!

We just discussed this a few weeks ago (I think) & you have just spun it, as promised. Loved the original and of course, love this remix as well. Super fat. Lucky I am not munching on real umeboshi right now, otherwise I would be choking on them with joy. Yes.

1 Like

As far as boomer rock goes thats up there with the best and remix, hmm ok.

Yes

In your dance music collection, do you have many (12") remixes of old songs?

It’s a song.
Didn’t hate it.
Yes.

1 Like

Some, a lot are pretty terrible.

There is one brilliant one though, a certain led zep song you would know surely.

I am an absolute sucker for them, as I loved most of the originals, so whenever I found one crate-digging, it was an easy buy. Agreed, though, that crowds were often ambivalent about them, especially in clubs, unless there were a few punters who grew up loving rock such as myself.

Pop was safer. I have a few U2 dance remixes that went OK. But, that’s a story for another time…

YES

1 Like

I have just remembered something.

Thank you @hambo

It was towards the end of my clubbing days. I was at an event in Tokyo - when this awesome DJ started spinning dance music remixes of classic rock and punk songs. The punters (including myself) went nuts. I hung around afterwards and caught up with the DJ. He passed me a few samples of his work (which I must dig up now). I may even have a few recordings of his live sets somewhere. I went to a few more of his events and he really started creating a massive storm in the scene at the time. I wonder how he ended up. Anyway, he went by the handle:

DJ Duck Rock.

I’d completely forgotten about him until this remix. Cheers.

Random question that I’ve asked before but you guys might know.
Does anyone know where I can hear the music they played at London’s millennial celebrations?
Might have had Bowie in it, definitely had Sex Pistols.

Soz, dude. I was off my face at Welcome 2000 at the Docks.

1 Like

Fark…this is what happens when someone who has no farken talent (except with a computer) gets hold of classic early metal track

It’s a farken abomination

There are not enough NO votes in the entire farken world for this crap

But I can give at least one

NO

3 Likes