The Reigning DJ King (MK III) is @Koala the King Killing Drop Bear is Simply Irresistible

Boomer says boomer stuff :joy: I actually prefer it to the original.

1 Like

If you find it please share

Yes to war pigs

1 Like

What a mess

no

True…and I make no apologies for it either.

So tell me why I’m wrong…did the artist write the music and/or the lyrics…or did he just load them up into his little computer and make different sounds.

What am I missing here?

Man plums!

1 Like

What’s the deal with the other DJ thread? I was busy yesterday and missed out on what has transpired. Is that thread the new ‘battles’ thread?

Soz if this isn’t meant to be discussed in this thread, but am just sharing my opinion. I guess a separate thread for DJ battles may work, however, my concern would be that DJ King becomes nothing more than a play a song, punters vote ‘yes’ or ‘no’ and nick off to the other thread for fun battles and banter. Personally, I reckon it might spell the end of the thread in this format (which for mine - would be a shame). I would like to see the battle option implemented in this thread. It could work in two threads, couldn’t it?

Just IMO.

1 Like

I think he took a fairly slow and plodding rock tune and turned it into something with a lot more energy and power. I also wanted to play it because I wanted to bridge the gap between the old and the young participants in this thread. I knew it would be poorly received by some but that’s OK, I like the modern interpretation of the song.

1 Like

I’ll definitely find it. I am methodical. Am happy to make a copy and post it to you. Send me a PM, Vander.

You like?

It was ok. I think I would’ve liked it more if a mad drum n bass beat snapped in, it seemed a bit disjointed and unable to get out of second gear. Yes

1 Like

Men’s plums or that Otoko Ume drink? I’ve never tried either.

2 Likes

Thanks for the well thought out response.

See, to me, the original is nothing but raw power and I must admit that I’ve just about always hated cover versions. of tracks that I love. To me, this isn’t even a cover because the artist is not even singing…he’s just sampled the original.

But each to his or her own I suppose and I respectfully disagree with your view (whilst respecting your right to give it)

2 Likes

Bahahahaha. Obviously, the drink, Jez-san. :joy:

p.s. Gold - one of the funniest comments in this thread.

1 Like

I’m not going to listen and just call this a no straight off if hambo thinks the original is plodding

1 Like

This version cranks waaaaay harder.

1 Like

If you were in a dark, underground club in Tokyo (with say 50 people) and there was a gorgeous tenderonie with long black hair - the colour of freshly ground Indian ink - and with stunning almond eyes looking at you, and you were half cut - and the DJ dropped a remix of an old rock classic - reckon you would pull up a soapbox and complain - while the formerly mentioned tenderonie was grinding her leather pants up and down your…

Time and place, my man. :wink:

That sounds like Club 251 in Shimokitazawa.

1 Like

My fav Club - Womb.

What a name for a club as well. Think about it…

Mate: ‘Where ya goin this Sat night, Johnny?’

Me: ‘Womb’.

:heart_eyes: