The Reigning DJ King (MK III) is @Koala the King Killing Drop Bear is Simply Irresistible

Sorry mate…I doubt I would be in a club that plays music like that so I’d miss out either way

My mission: Take Swoods to Womb. :wink:

And, I guarantee, you will never ‘miss out’ in Tokyo. :grin:

Doesn’t listen to track and votes. Booooooooo.

1 Like

Had to Google that joint, as have never been there. How was it?

BTW, there are a million places like that all over Japan.

Brilliant basement bar. As I noticed the black and white punky looking stickers all over the joint the manager emerged from downstairs and informed us that "Foreign tourists"get free entry as long as they buy a drink. Entry was 6000 yen which is about $70 bucks, far out. We came back the next night and saw Megumi and the Breathless who were fantastic, I laughed my head off at how camp but so talented they were. A lady by the bar started taking to us in English and it turns out she was married to one of the band members, we got the whole story about the band and at the end of the night I met the band and got a CD signed by all of them. The sound system there is second to none and the bands rock out as if they were playing a stadium; highly recommended.

1 Like

Heard it now. Garbage. First instinct was correct, all three songs sampled much better in their original form. When you sample, overlay new beats and drops you completely lose the atmosphere and meaning of the original.

Yeah I like that the original got a bit lost and for me it became something better. No worries, I wanted to see if anybody else would come along and enjoy it.

These are the kinda awesome stories that make this thread. Cheers for sharing.

Those underground type clubs/spaces are cool, but they can be really loud. I already suffer from fairly extreme tinnitus (goes with the territory as a retired DJ and ex-raver), so I often worry about further damage at such places. Sob story aside, I am definitely keen to check this joint out. Love how you got in for free and also the friendly ‘omotenashi’ Japanese hospitality. That’s a cool aspect of Japan. Super polite/ respectful people and really passionate about whatever it is they do. I can visualise that evening with Megumi and Co.

Shimokitazawa is obviously famous for their underground rock clubs (which you have tapped into), but Shinjuku and to a lesser extent, Ikebukuro, are both worth checking out (if you haven’t already). I’m sure Jez-san also has the scoop on joints in Osaka as well. Evenings in Osaka can be even more fun, as the people (if they are native Osakans) are way more laid-back and friendly than Tokyoites. Tokyo is like New York - most people are from another area, so people often struggle to find a way to make it happen.

I’ve been to Ikebukuro. My son wanted to skate in Japan so he found a skate shop online and we hunted it down on a second floor of an apartment building. Great guys set us up with gear and the second we started to skate the local old bags chased us out of town. Ha Ha, not new. We eventually jumped on the train and skated at the Shibuya skate park between the railway lines.

1 Like

Hambo and Son - skating through the grimy streets of Ikebukuro - being chased by fossilised Japanese women…what a scene! #flyonthewall :smile:

2 Likes

no to the ruining of a classic metal opus.

Somewhere 1000 heavy metal fairies just died because of that abomination.

Murderer.

4 Likes

I started the other thread for a place to collect and discuss any ideas for changing DJ King IV. Nothing has been decided on. (Although, I THINK there’s reasonable agreement about shifting to a 7-7 voting system.)

A few of us have tried a head-to-head battle. I think mine and LB’s fight worked pretty well. However, Peos and Crazy’s fight stalled, and a few people have tried to have a battle but nobody was around. So, there are a few problems with that idea that needs to be sorted out. (But, I think we can find solutions for those problems.) And your point about a separate thread impacting on the main game could certainly be a problem. (I’ll add that to the list).

At any rate, I thought I’d write down all the ideas mentioned by people, let them argue about it if they want to, and then we can decide to implement the changes (if any) for…

DJ King IV: The Modern Game :slight_smile:

Personally, ATM, I hold a minimalist position, maybe just the change to a 7-7 voting system will be enough to stop the thread getting constipated (which is my main concern). I like the battle idea, but, deciding how best to play it, where to play it, and how to ensure it doesn’t impact on the main game, might take a while :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nope

In a world without heroes, is like a world without a sun, and this song requires one. What @hambo just did was akin to killing Bambi. Classic Sabbath anti Vietnam war song turned into fruity dance number.

Fark no.

1 Like

6-6

@hambo, asked my son what he thought of it. He’s way more educated musically than myself (he’s 6). Anyway, he said if you took out the crap bits you’ll have silence.

That’s a no.

5 Likes

Yes, but only just.

Yawn.
No.

I didn’t know this was the australian national basketball team thread.

7-8