The Reigning DJ King (MK III) is @Koala the King Killing Drop Bear is Simply Irresistible

Normally like F/Nun stuff. Not this one though.
No.

Nup

I expected the song to have featured the bass more prominently after the initial sob-story.

Yes

I expected it to feature when I went to see them live but they announced the bass player was suck and they got a fill in bloke to plod along. It destroyed the rhythm section. It was very disappointing.

I’m the opposite. I’m usually underwhelmed by what I hear from the Dunedin sound (?) but I liked the vocal melody in this one. Yes

And that might be 10.

I finally got a “chipper”. Hooked already:

Catchy.

Yes.

Yerse

I’ve got a couple of DM tracks shortlisted, this isn’t one, and I always liked this. Yes

This.

The tune itself is neat, but man… those vocals! I get that it’s kind of the point but… they were horrible. Whiny and nasally… like someone doing a dreadful impersonation of They Might Be Giants.
Unfortunately they killed it for me and took it straight into Dribble J novelty song territory… No.
I don’t know their other material - is this indicative?

1 Like

That was quite ■■■■. No.

They’re pretty diverse and at times rather weird.

That’s my 1st listen to the DM’s and my first impression is not bad although I could easily add the vocalist to my list of musicians I want to fight if I hear his voice too often.

Yes

It was kinda JJJ novelty, but 1989 (?) so kinda when that wasn’t so much a thing. They are pretty divisive with their humour angle towards songs, but carry that naughty punk kid ethos that can be endearing and the songs can be really catchy.

Nearing 30,000 posts. You people are animals.

2 Likes

Yes to The Bats.

No to the Dead Milkmen.

I reckon you should post each of us a bottle of Limeburners.

4 Likes

5-3